3800 my gtp vs. 2003? acura 3.2CL type s.

bikrboy128

Some say.....
TCG Premium
Jul 15, 2007
Wheaton
comin home from dropping my g/f off at her house i rolled up to a stoplight. this kid in (prolly his parents) really nice acura 3.2CL type s. im minding my own not lookin for a race, until he gives his engine a rev. i look over to see him nod his head....well its on now. so the light turns green and i roll to 20 MPH. i hear him squeelin his tires like a bitch, so i go WOT. hook up perfect and put a train length on him. of coarse he wont even look at me at the next light. now i have to admit i was impressed on how badly the type s was burned. i thought those things had decent power, but i was searching for him in my rearview mirrors. so chalk another one up for the GTP.

Kyle

TCG Elite Member
Dec 30, 2008
Downers Grove
well his gtp has headers, exhaust and an intake and who knows what else thats all i noticed just on a quick glance at his car domain.

as long as he's got a pulley with those mods that should put the car over 260 BHP anyway.

so even if the guy was a good driver he'd probablly be screwed considering the trq disadvantage as well.

Kyle

TCG Elite Member
Dec 30, 2008
Downers Grove
my car's trq + shitty tires likes to lose races

on my way home from work today i hardly pulled on this stang becuase i was tire spinning from 25 until my speed hit around 70 although I had to only be going 55 or so by that point.

i lost to a 04 GTO for the same reason he launched and no matter how much brake trq or feathering i'm just kicking up dust and rubber.

UNCTYPE-S

Regular
Jun 18, 2008
Chicago
I've raced numerous GTP's from stock to lightly modded with my CL-S. Never lost yet. Bad drivers and good drivers. It could be anything. Are you sure it was a type S? Regular CL's only have 200hp. Maybe he was a bad driver? Maybe you won fair and square. Either way, if it was a type S and you smoked him, it shouldn't have been a crucial beating like you're explaining so something is missing in this.

Oh and btw, that was not me you raced. lol what color was it? any visable mods? Also, why do you assume it was prolly his parents? It's not a 50k + car you know that right?

I

imported_1fastGTP

i beat my buddies cl type s. his parents buy almost any car he wants. hes 17-18 with 4 cars its ridiculous. but anyways he wanted to run me so we went down the side street.(back when i was supercharged) i had a 3.4 pulley,slp catback,intake,custom tune. i pulled on him by 4 cars. if i was stock i bet it would be a dead on run.

bikrboy128

Some say.....
TCG Premium
Jul 15, 2007
Wheaton
he was spinnin his tires real bad. and im willin to bet he let off when he only saw taillights. i would..
and yes it was a 3.2 type s. the light after the race i pulled behind him to double check. and it was all stock except for the exhaust. had some groiund effects, but i think those are stock. oh and i threw my headers on for spring. still have the stock pulley (for now). just waiting for the pay checks to start addin up so i have my engine in one piece....

UNCTYPE-S

Regular
Jun 18, 2008
Chicago
So then you didnt beat him by train lengths. He either couldnt get trackin and gave up and you kept going or, he was just fuckin with you and you took off and never looked back. hahah

ground effects are not stock on a CL and I have yet to see a Chicago CL with them. Very interesting. You sure it wasnt a 4dr TL-S? Alot of people get them confused. lol

bikrboy128

Some say.....
TCG Premium
Jul 15, 2007
Wheaton
no it was a 2 door cl-s. and i caught traction and pulled him. he was goin at it....
and the ground effects were pussy ones too....nothing ricer. arent the TLs 4 door?
im pretty sure if he was "just fucking with me" he wouldnt have looked pissed at teh next light, nor would he be avoiding eye contact....u know?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info