3800 UUUGGGHHH

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
So I'm coming home from my grandmothers house, and as I get off the entrance ramp onto the expressway and then I went to merge over into the left lane, I notice two cones in the middle of the roadway (knocked over). I had to hit it do to the road conditions (fast movement = accident) THUMP.. VRRRRRRR.. Well, I NAILED it. So I pullover and get out. I bend down to remove it and I notice the front lower part of my air dam is GONE. Snapped clean off. F&^$*%. So I pull the cone out and proceed home, in a not so good mood.

What should I do about this? Should I try to contact the city? or IDOT? I mean, those cones had ZERO reason for being there, as there was NO construction whatsoever there. I was paying more attention to merging over to the left lane and I had noticed no cars infront of me, but not two cones knocked over in the roadway. I would have manuevered around them HAD it NOT been slushy/wet out, where I could have lost control. So, I took the chance of hitting them instead of causing a pileup.

:angry: -Nick

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
A plastic cone knocked off your air-dam? Was anything under those cones?

You could try to call them and ask why the cone were there in the first place and tell them what happend. But they would probably tell you that you were just driving too fast for conditions and you should have avoided them.

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
A plastic cone knocked off your air-dam? Was anything under those cones?

You could try to call them and ask why the cone were there in the first place and tell them what happend. But they would probably tell you that you were just driving too fast for conditions and you should have avoided them.
[/b]

Yes, it did. Its a pretty heavy piece of plastic/rubber. I hit it at about 55mph. It was knocked over before I hit it, and actually shouldnt have been where it was, it had no business being there. The front lower damn on the Regals is a very weak piece of plastic, so it didn't really suprise me that in this bitter cold that it snapped like a twig.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info