3800 Direct Push is ....

Drob8

Jan 27, 2008
i do believe the direct push means as soon as you get an email, it will forward it to your handheld device instead of waiting the normal time period before it updates.
[/b]

I live and breath this stuff.

RPC over HTTP is your ability to use Outlook 2003/2007 over the internet to access your email without needing VPN. Exchange 2003 has to be setup on the back-end to support this.

Direct Push, as chipmonk explains, is the way for your Exchange server to send updates to your mobile phone as they happen. The server has to be running Exchange 2003 w/ SP2 or Exchange 2007. Your phone has to run Windows Mobile 5 with the Messaging and Security Feature Pack (MSFP). Chances are, if you have a new phone, it's already loaded. If not, check on Microsoft's website for a listing of phones and links to the manufacturers for possible updates to you phone software.

You want to set your phone to synchronize "As Items Arrive", but beware. If Exchange isn't up to date and your phone isn't up to date, you will still get your messages immediately, except that the Exchange Server will send your phone an SMS message asking it to check in. If you don't have a text message plan, you'll get killed on charges. Direct Push doesn't use this process which is why it is preferred.

I just got a Blackjack a month or so ago and it's great with Direct Push. I actually get my messages on my phone before I get them in Outlook using RPC over HTTP.

OK...sorry for the long message. I don't know squat about cars, so I get a little long-winded when I can actually reply to something I know.

Mike

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• J
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list