3800 First KR imressions

thebullfrog

Addict
Sep 12, 2008
Algonquin
Real Name
Jerimiah
So I got my LS1M a few days ago and have been playing around with it. My KR is all over the damned place. I can do one run and get 0- 1 KR. The next run it'll jump to over 7 :eek: It jumps around all over the place. In a good "healthy" run I'll see between 1 and 2 max (every so often a 3) but it stays around 1 for most of the run until the revs get closer to 4.5 or 5 grand. Then on an "unhealthy" run I have seen it jump from 0 up to just over 3, then suddenly spike at 7 or 8, then drop back down to 3 or less as I approach redline. False KR? I've also noticed that on some of the "unhealthy" pulls, I'll get boost spikes to over 10 PSI. Thing is the boost spike and high KR readings usually don't happen at the same time. They'll occur at different points in the log. I've seen my total timing stay around 15 where it belongs, then 5 min. later it'll be exactly 0 degrees. I know the cold temps are the root of the boost spike, and my logs are noticbly worse when the tamp gets down lower at night, but the pattern isn't consistant. I'm still leaning towards false KR.
On a side note, on the higher Kr runs (3 or so, not 7) my o2 voltage stays pegged at 900- 950 mV. Note by high KR I'm referring to the runs at around 3 KR, since I have doubts that the 7 plus is legitmate since those logs show the KR jumping up and down all over the place within a few hundred RPM.
Anyways, since I've given you all my info, my question is do you guys agree that it sounds like I'm getting false KR, and do the readings where the KR starts at zero and slowly climbs it's way up to just over 3 ( I saw it hit 4 once) by redline seem about right for a stock GTP in sub-zero weather? When it was REALLY cold the other night at 1 AM I saw a KR of a bit over 5, but that was at a boost level of almost 11 PSI. This all seem to sound about right for the car/ conditions?

thebullfrog

Addict
Sep 12, 2008
Algonquin
Real Name
Jerimiah
Oh! And one more thing. Would the TCS kicking in cause unstable readings. I'm assuming it cutting out injectors could create a false KR reading, but at times in my run I'll see my TPS drop to zero when I know full well I was at WOT. Could the TCS screw with the TPS readings? I've also noticed some of the same weird inconsistancies when the car shifts.

itlnrob

Addict
Nov 2, 2008
Oh! And one more thing. Would the TCS kicking in cause unstable readings. I'm assuming it cutting out injectors could create a false KR reading, but at times in my run I'll see my TPS drop to zero when I know full well I was at WOT. Could the TCS screw with the TPS readings? I've also noticed some of the same weird inconsistancies when the car shifts.
[/b]

I'm just going out on a limb here, but why not do the runs with the Traction off to see if it makes a difference?

thebullfrog

Addict
Sep 12, 2008
Algonquin
Real Name
Jerimiah
Yeah, I was suspecting shift shock as well. I know I should do a full 3rd gear pull, but that isn't the most intelligent thing to do considering road conditions.
And I really do think my numbers are off because of the temperatures. It's kinda hard to tell how I'm running on stock boost when I get IAT's of a scorching 3 degrees and almost 11 PSI of boost. I think I need to wait for it to warm up a bit to see where I really stand, not to mention being able to get in a good solid full run or two.
Besides I need to send my scanner back for a new one. The screen is screwed up. Mark already told me to go ahead and return it, I just gotta find time.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• T
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list