3800 slice and dice!

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
finally had the chance to throw the LIM on the mill to get it straight (rough cut with the 20inch bandsaw)

sectionedL36LIM1.jpg

the scrap piece (rear bank) i didnt cut the intake where the welds would be in the middle of the two welded together intakes i ofset it to the rear for easier welding of the coolant and pcv passages
sectionedL36LIM2.jpg

top is the piece i will be welding to the other shopped intake, bottom is going into my alum scrap pile

i havent decided whether i want to completly delete the PCV breather passages but since i will be running a vacum pump i dont need them i will be drawing from a baffled section of the tappet valley where the balance shaft used to reside...
i will have to remove the top wall of the breather passage so that i can weld the coolant passage, i may just delete em
sectionedL36LIM3.jpg

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
Oh and i grabbed a spun aluminum coolant catch tank with a screw on lid (2.5 qts) for the rear engine in the 442...and it should complement the fab'd alum radiator very well :D (some scratches)
coolantcatchcan1.jpg

instead of the ugly chevy van coolant resevoir seen ziptied :p to the chassis here:

442firewall06engineview2.jpg

i havent decided whether i should machine a couple of mounts for it or just weld tabs to the new catch tank

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Turbocharged400sbc
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list