3800 Sneak peak at my winter build

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
I decided to build a engine for the car and I started off with a 05 non supercharged engine with 2000 miles on it. I paid $650 for the complete engine from Star Auto Parts out of WI. I have WBS fuel rails, WBS stage 3 ported gen III blower, WBS 75mm Northstar throttle body kit, P&P heads with ZZP oversized valves. Also I will be going with a cam, most likely the XP cam with 105 lb springs and all the goodies. My ZZP IC, Pacesetter headers, 42.5 lb injectors and all my other mods will be going back on too, except the 1.9 rockers. Also to back it all up with my Dynotech trans, upgraded clutches, 300M input shaft, 3000 stall converter, 3.29 gearing, ect. I hope to finally pull 12's this spring :)
Now for the pics.
05 non supercharged 3800 bottom end
IMG_0138.jpg

IMG_0139.jpg

05 non supercharged 3800 top end
IMG_0137.jpg

P&P heads
IMG_0133.jpg

IMG_0146.jpg

my97gtp

Addict
Oct 5, 2008
Columbus Indiana
Real Name
Jay
nice!

since working on the GP i'm a bit behind schedule on the buildup for the 442

so how many people here will be using NA blocks with the 67 topend? looks like it's becomming more prevalent nowadays [/b]

ive got a rebuilt l36 in the garage with all new bearings and gaskets with an xp cam in it thats just waiting on me to do some porting on the heads. Then its goin in the car. Dan i think our setups will be the same eventually. I am getting mat to port a blower then i might wait for the zzp 78mm tb to mate up to it. THat l26 block looks awesome. I wish mine looked like that. The pistons are all dark. That motor looks like its been just rebuild with like diamond pistons or something. :lolsign:

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
go with bigger now that you have heads, xp is ment for stock heads more or less'.
intense stage 3 blower cam would be pretty good. what are using for a chain?

looks really good so far.
[/b]
Is the intense stage 3 cam as crazy as the XPZ? If I do anything bigger them the XP, I will get a double roller chain.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info