3800 ATI Damper

GTPPWR

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2008
Rockford, IL
trying to take my front cover off the GTP. need to machine the oil pump cover down a bit. I hav the main balancer off the hub. now it is down to the hub one the crank. this hub looks really small.........not sure if I need a specialty puller at all or not.

does nayone know if a normal puller will work? this hub is small. doesnt have 3 holes to screw into...it has 12 tiny holes for the tiny bolts that hold the balancer on.

let me know..kinda need this done asap. It is official..the heads and valvetrain are on the block and torqued to arp spec. just need this part machined then I can drop it in. been nearly 2.5years since it has ran. :rolleyes:

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
if i recall he was tossing it together so he can drive it until zzp finally releases the new heads (i still hope they will offer them with unmachined guids and seats)

i dont have experience with the 3800 ati ballancer but if it's anything like the sbc one i've done in the past, you can use a 3 bolt puller in 3 of the small hub bolt holes to remove it

ati's installer/remover is second from the top...no real difference to a standard 3 bolt puller though you may have to buy longer bolts with the correct threads...

http://www.atiperformanceproducts.com/prod...parts/index.htm

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• GTPPWR
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list