3800 Anyone know anything about Glendale Heights?

• Thread starter imported_GraFFix
  • Start date
I

imported_GraFFix

Im looking at a condo in Glendale Heights and was just wondering how the area is? Anyone got any info or opinions on this area. Im gonna take a ride down there this weekend and see how the neighborhood is but its always good to get some opinions from people who know the area better.

The condo is around Army trail rd and Bloomingdale rd

TIA

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Its not a bad area at all. Lots of shopping close by. You have Stratford Mall real close by as well. Plus Im about 10 minutes away from there and Jeff is about 15-20.

I never lived there, but I knew people that did. I also was in the area alot when I lived in Hanover Park since that is where you basically had to go for a Best Buy or the mall.

98GTPDriva

TCG Elite Member
Jun 24, 2008
Its not a bad area at all. Lots of shopping close by. You have Stratford Mall real close by as well. Plus Im about 10 minutes away from there and Jeff is about 15-20.

I never lived there, but I knew people that did. I also was in the area alot when I lived in Hanover Park since that is where you basically had to go for a Best Buy or the mall.
[/b]

I work in Carol Stream (which is next to Glendale Heights). Just from driving through the town it seems to be a nice area. Army Trail Rd. and North Ave. have everything you could ever think of in terms of shopping and food. Addison and Bloomingdale are also just to the North and are pricey areas to live.

vartz04

Dec 29, 2008
Oswego, IL
that side of town isnt bad, buttt beware lots of trash lives there. I spent the summer interning doing road construction in GH. Talking with the people informing them what we were doing to their road/driveway/sidewalk and well theres every type of person imaginable there. Personally i wouldn't live there but thats just me. One things for sure, theres plenty of nice new residetial roads and industrial park roads haha. I just hope the job is somewhere else this summer.

I

imported_GraFFix

Basically, this is a condo conversion. There in stage 1 right now and selling them pretty cheap for the area. Plus there offering no association fees for 2 years.

My goal is to get in at stage 1, let them fill the condos up. the proerty value will definatly increase. After 2 years Ill sell it take the profit and move to a bigger and or nicer place. with a nice chunk of change and a down payment.

I know where im at some condos I was looking at were selling for only 110K at stage 1, stage 2 was 125k then once they were 80% sold they went for 140K this was all in a matter of 6 months. now their selling for around 150k not to bad of a profit. Im hoping that this will give me something similar. im not expecting to make 40k in 2 years but you never know..lol

So basically if its decent enough I can handle it...remember I live in the city. lol

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
Just remember how hard some condos can be to sell. Especially if others in you complex are selling too.

BTW, every town now has bad/shady areas because Daley knocked down all the projects the last 6-7 years and sent everyone to the suburbs. It was a great idea on his part, bad for the suburbs. Section 8 housing hasnt helped a lot either.

But there is a reason why crime is down in Chicago the last few years. Anyway...
:unsure:

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Especially Elk Grove. Which has one of if not THE biggest industrial park in IL.[/b]
I think it's actually the biggest in the country.

The only thing I remember about Elk Grove was Pirates Cove and constantly thinking "Velcro" when I heard the name of the city. :)
[/b]

Thats what Jacque said, but I wasnt sure. Ive heard of Pirates Cove, but I always think of the one on Lake Street in Roselle. The titty bar. :lolsign:

<div class='quotemain'>
my brother told me its kinda ghetto in certain parts so i would just chek into the area before you buy :)
[/b]

No its not. :lolsign:

FWIW, people say where I live in Elk Grove is the ghetto. If where I live is the ghetto, then call me the kingpin cause I can rule this bitch!!!
[/b][/quote]
We do live in the ghetto of Elk Grove. It just doesn't seem so bad because we got the good building due to racist and stereotyping management.

I

imported_GraFFix

Well the loan if set, but now im not sure if thats where I want to live. :lol:

If anyone knows of any condos for sale in the NW burbs let me know. 1 br mostly unless its a really cheap 2br. Yes I know a 2br is easier to resell down the line but unless one of you is going to give me another 30k then im not realy looking for that type of advice lol

Im sure my realtor will find a few million of them for me but it never hurts to toss out another line.

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
Just remember that the real estate agent is really working for the owner and not the buyer so be careful with bidding and so forth.

BTW, my step dad has been an agent/broker and mortgage lender for over 30 years now. He use to own a ERA office for about 10 years in the 90s...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info