3800 What are you paying for insurance?

Edmond

Regular
Aug 9, 2008
Are you guys getting full or just liability?

I still have to get full coverage insurance. Currently, I'm with Geico and I'm paying $135 a month now.

That sounds high to me :angry:

I just got quoted today at Insure One for about $100 per month. $35 a month might not sound significant to you guys the way I look at it is that $35 is enough to fill my tank up. They asked me if I had any tickets in the last 3 years and I said yes because I had one: a ticket for not wearing my seatbelt. She said that increased the premium even though it wasn't a moving violation.

In 11 years of driving, I've never gotten a ticket for a moving violation and I have never been in an accident or made an insurance claim. One seatbelt ticket and it counts against me?

It would've been through a smaller company called Casualty something, I forgot the 2nd part of their name.

With that being said, does it really matter if I go with a small company or one of the nationally known companies like State Farm, Allstate, etc...?

vartz04

Dec 29, 2008
Oswego, IL
well i was always with country companies, for about 4 years. My parents have had them for 15 years for home life and auto insurance. I was paying about 140 a month, rolled my ranger offroading went to 230ish. Got tboned in an intersection 345 a month no way. So i call up geico and my lil gecko had me at 178 a month on the silverado i was driving. Sold that bought the monte and im at 188 a month. Forget having an agent. The guy never did anything for me and actually gettin my car repaired thru geico after 2 drunk girls ran me off the road was less of a hastle than it was with country companies.

98GTPDriva

TCG Elite Member
Jun 24, 2008
I'm 23 with a clean record and pay just under $1100/yr. with full coverage and a $500 deductible. This includes me being a primary driver on my '98 GTP and secondary on an '03 and '04 Ford Focus ZX3.

When I first purchased my '98 GTP back in April '01, I paid just over $2500/yr. Now I'm looking forward to hitting the ripe ole age of 25... :blink:

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
:( I'm with Progressive and Im 23 with a clean record and I pay 176.00 a month... :blink:

I know, I know, your asking yourself how is it so high???

It was 112.00 a month but I added full coverage and insurance to my motor in case an accident.. So i have 4000.00 insured on my motor to cover all my mods... Its all worth it if someone hits me..
My other insurance company didn't offer that... ;)

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
Liberty Mutual
950 a year for 2 cars:

05 xterra 12,000 miles
99 GTP 120k

500 deductible

24 and 25 years old. Married <_< :lolsign:

Liberty Mutual has been a GREAT COMPANY the last 2 years for me.

Country was a terrible with repairs and service as well as State Farms ever increasing rates for no reasons????

153 every 6 months, full coverage.

nothing on my record since i was 16 im 27
[/b]

SOmething doesnt add up with that??? Car type/multipolicy/under some else name/Primary or secondary driver/deductibles?

I

imported_Ron Vogel

<div class='quotemain'>
$105 every six months for liability (car is paid off).
[/b]

Do you still drive it on the road?? Mine is paid off as well, but Id still feel kinda ehh about having liability only.
[/b][/quote]
Yeah, it's still my main mode of transportation. It's no beauty queen anymore so for me it's a little silly to get comprehensive.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info