3800 SES lights

quickgrandprix1

Regular
Oct 24, 2008
well i have a 1998 grand prix gt and i put it away for the winter but i start it and check all the fluids and the hoses everday. Well today i go out into the garage and started it and i let it warm up alittle bit and then i rev it ones its revs like no exhaust just like air? so then i rev again and my magnaflow exhaust revs but then 2 minutes later the SES light comes on what can this be let me know thanks guys

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
check for clogged cat, the code could be from the rear o2. for there to be no exhaust is a little odd.
is there smoke coming out when this happens. get a friend and rev the car to see if its flowing
go to autozone or find a buddy with a scanner to see what code. we can help more then(at autozone they will check for free if you go there, or you can borrow there tool and return later)

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
yes, dont replace it tho. buy a sim or have the code deleted(there rear o2 is not worth the $)
ask around to see who has your year and model powertuner file rights.
did you check if your exhaust is flowing freely with a friend? if its not take to an exhaust shop and have them check the converter. lucky for you the ILGPC has a hook up at a great shop. check out the specials in the sponser section.
good luck, if it is a completly clogged cat, i would not drive the car hard at all (better safe then sorry)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Q
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list