3800 LED question

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
I am considering replacing the white/clear 3157/194 bulbs in my taillamps with LED 3157/194 bulbs. I am also considering replacing the amber 3157 DRL/Parking light bulbs with amber 3157 LEDs of the same kind, just well.. amber, as I replaced the amber 194 sidemarker with an amber 194 LED, but thats beside the point.

Now I was reading something on superbrightleds.com website that says to use red leds behind red lenses. What should I do? I suppose it would be better to use the red led's, since they shine brighter, and a red led is better then a red regular bulb. Opinions?

FWIW: I am NOT worried about the hyperflash at this time, someone is making a PnP fix for that on the Regal boards. Also the 3157 LEDs in question would have 19 LEDs aiming out the end and 6 radially mounted LEDs aiming 90 degrees from the base for better lens fill. While the 194 LEDs would have 4 radially mounted LEDs aiming out the sides and one High Flux LED on top

Thanks
-Nick

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info