3800 Question...

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
what do you guys think would be better to go with... I dont know much about this subject but I will say I love the sound of the SC at 100+... they scream... BUT I want to save ( for a long time ) but I wonder what the best out come would be.. I know you have to replace the trans... SO you need a IC for the Whipple as I understand it..does the Turbo come with a IC, Im not to sure it does but I dont know.. what one is harder to tune.. I have to do something to keep up with 1fastGTP... :p

Thanks guys.. All the help you can give me will be worth it...

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
ICs are extra in any setup
so you are trying for mid 11s now?......big jump from 300hp. how long are you going to save for. 10k+ might take you awhile.
are you building a block first?

i dont see you investing enough into valvetrain work to support the proper setup for a whipple.
[/b]

are you kidding...10K.. wow... Maybe I should go for the 300+.. But the Whipple would be cool... So Im guessing I should get the ported SC for my car right Sins???

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
5-6 for decent full turbo kit. 300 cam, 400 install
2500-3500 for a good tranny. 200 in springs and bullshit
o and the install of the turbo kit
500 for turbo headers(if you go with stattama as an option)
500 for custom doghouse, 100 to block off SC housing
o and you will need to upgrade your injectors(most use 65lbers,kits come with 42s and pump as well
start to add it up
most setups

I

imported_1fastGTP

i pretty much broke even on my swap cuz i found the right people that wanted the stuff at a good price. the tranny is a MUST but 4300 for my turbo setup with everthing bob named... i did the cam awhile back and decided to keep it until i make up my mind about heads. pems and everything works just fine. if you are going gen V you might as well demod all your supercharger stuff get what you can off of it and save for the turbo setup. you can find the kit pretty cheap on clubgp, but i doubt it will have everything like block off plate 65lbers with pems.. etc.. all depends on what you want man. or you can drop another 3k or so into a gen V setup and IC it.

p.s. ill give you a ride in my car and that should make up your mind pretty quick ;)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info