3800 problem...

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
I have been talking with another member.. I told him I noticed when I turn sometimes I feel something like mini grinding and some clicking.. there is also oil on my frame all the time on the passanger side behind the tire.. It is almost like you can scoop it out, that how thick it is.. He said it could be my CV Boot.. I checked them today and jacled the car up and Im stunned.. There is a almost perfect line on greese, ( kind of a clearish green ) all the was across my frame.. I checked the cv boots and they are looking dry and good.. BUT I found another one in the back part of the car and it is protected by the frame.. That one has all kinds of greese all over it.. It is a smaller one that bolts on the tire.. Im not to sure what this could be.. Has this happened to anyone else before.. Does anyone know what this could be...

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
i would inspect the cv boots again, that sounds just like when they go out, maybe it is cleanly leaving the boot from one spot that your not seeing so the boot is somewhat clean, i had lost every drop of grease in mine and coated everything around it on the passenger side and the boot was one of the cleaner things most uncovered from it. it was only from the edge mostly

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
i would inspect the cv boots again, that sounds just like when they go out, maybe it is cleanly leaving the boot from one spot that your not seeing so the boot is somewhat clean, i had lost every drop of grease in mine and coated everything around it on the passenger side and the boot was one of the cleaner things most uncovered from it. it was only from the edge mostly
[/b]

Thanks, Ill look into that..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Xtant12
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list