3800 Want a PS3?

TonzKnock-G

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 9, 2007
Shitcago
that seems a little high.. but people are buying them for thousands on ebay. Waste of money if you ask me! I should have gotten in line 2 days ago to get one so I could sell it!
[/b]

A guy here at work has been waiting at the sams club in lansing since yesterday morning. He was the first person in line and only a few others showed up. The store only got 1 in and had the 60gig so he got it and now has it on ebay. Pretty retarded but once some retard buys it for a nice price then hey it could be worth it.

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
sad part is at my old job bestbuy all the manengers and some people took 3 days off to wait in line.. and my old manenger was lving on his own in a apartment and is in debit had to go back to live at home and all but yet hes out there trying to get one.... i laugh
[/b]

How about you just work a little overtime those three days and get paid the same????

LPSPEED2

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
Addison
i saw people outside the addison best buy last night in tents... pretty damn funny, cause i just walked in at 8 o clock this morning and bought 1! lol... no one knew what time they would open... and they opened at 8 o clock ,and i just needed to buy a minisd memory card... and ended up walking in with teh waiters, and got 1... lol, already sold though! easiest $500 i ever made!... 60gig, bought for $599, sold for$1100 in an hour...

TonzKnock-G

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 9, 2007
Shitcago
i saw people outside the addison best buy last night in tents... pretty damn funny, cause i just walked in at 8 o clock this morning and bought 1! lol... no one knew what time they would open... and they opened at 8 o clock ,and i just needed to buy a minisd memory card... and ended up walking in with teh waiters, and got 1... lol, already sold though! easiest $500 i ever made!... 60gig, bought for $599, sold for$1100 in an hour...
[/b]

Too funny! I'll trade you my soul for PS3 :p :crazy:

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
A few friends from work waited in line at the Schaumburg Circuit City. I guess that store was one of six in the whole US to get 100 PS3's, all other stores have ALOT less. My friends got there at 4pm on Tuesday and were the 10th and 11th people in line. The first guy got there 2PM on Tuesday. I was surprized how it was very orgainized the first guy in line and another guy both carryed a list of the names of the people in line. The managers were even bringing food and drinks out to the people. On Wed night a guy from the back of the line offerd to buy my friends spot in line for $1100

29f8fv9.jpg

The people in line looked like Hurrican Katrina refuges

At 9:30pm on Thursday CC was going todo a raffle for 5 PS3's. I went there to talk to my friends in line again and to get a raffle ticket. There were 2 news crews there and a radio station and a bunch of people from newspapers. At 10pm the manager complete with a news crew and news paper camera guys went down the line and handed out the vouchers for the PS3's to the first 100 people.

4cwagis.jpg

My friends got there PS3's and they are going to be sold on eBay

I guess there are alot of fake auctions on eBay and fake bidders eBay made some rules for people who are selling PS3's

1. You must have a Feedback of 50 or more.
2. Your Feedback score must be 98% or above.
3. You may only list one system. You may list 1 PlayStation 3 and 1 Nintendo Wii with a photo of your pre-order receipt for each system.
4. You must accept PayPal as your only payment option.
5. You must include a photo of your receipt in the listing.
6. No Buy It Now will be allowed.
7. No one day listings will be allowed.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
[/b]

People wait there all night and they dont even know when the store is gonna open? Ive seen people do that before on black friday and I think its a very asshole thing todo, people stand in the cold all night in hopes of getting a PS3 and you just cut everyone off and walk right in the door. Didnt any of the people waiting in line, best buy workers, or cops say anything to you? I know at the circut city no one could ever pull that off. Wernt vouchers handed out at this best buy store before it opened? I doubt they just opened the doors and let everyone storm in and rush to the PS3's.

I call BS..

LPSPEED2

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
Addison
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

People wait there all night and they dont even know when the store is gonna open? Ive seen people do that before on black friday and I think its a very asshole thing todo, people stand in the cold all night in hopes of getting a PS3 and you just cut everyone off and walk right in the door. Didnt any of the people waiting in line, best buy workers, or cops say anything to you? I know at the circut city no one could ever pull that off. Wernt vouchers handed out at this best buy store before it opened? I doubt they just opened the doors and let everyone storm in and rush to the PS3's.

I call BS..
[/b][/quote]

No, maybe you misunderstood what i tried writing... i saw the line outside, and saw the neon sign that said open, and as i was parking they had just opened the doors and the people that were in line were walking in... and since they normally open at 10am, no one expected it to open at 8am... so i was at the tail of the line, and they had enough...yes the people in front had numbers, buti duno what happened, maybe some people left, but i got 1

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
No, maybe you misunderstood what i tried writing... i saw the line outside, and saw the neon sign that said open, and as i was parking they had just opened the doors and the people that were in line were walking in... and since they normally open at 10am, no one expected it to open at 8am... so i was at the tail of the line, and they had enough...yes the people in front had numbers, buti duno what happened, maybe some people left, but i got 1[/b]

Lucky ass motherfucker... Why did you only sell it for $1100, on eBay people are getting way over that.

LPSPEED2

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
Addison
No, maybe you misunderstood what i tried writing... i saw the line outside, and saw the neon sign that said open, and as i was parking they had just opened the doors and the people that were in line were walking in... and since they normally open at 10am, no one expected it to open at 8am... so i was at the tail of the line, and they had enough...yes the people in front had numbers, buti duno what happened, maybe some people left, but i got 1[/b]

Lucky ass motherfucker... Why did you only sell it for $1100, on eBay people are getting way over that.
[/b]

i didnt even check ebay, and had no intentions of buying it at all... im not a gamer at all.... but it sounded good at teh time of the offer... i was like hell yeah.

I

imported_Xerxeis

[/b]

Cutting in line ftw....i was thinking about doing it at our wal-mart since i doubt they did the voucher deal...what are they going to do? tell their mommy? this isnt 2nd grade so grow up ya f*ckin panseys...and i doubt the 5 people in line here were packin their 9's....if your standing at the door when they open, you're first....if you're camped out 20 feet from the door, you're not in line

These bastards buying and reselling for pure profit f*cking piss me off bigtime. It would be different if they got two, one for them and another to cover both costs, but to screw people who want them to play not to sell is wrong imo....reserve one and sell your presale recipt, and stand in line to buy one for yourself....I'd love to jack the bastards in the face who do this shit...the Bloomington Pantagraph did an article about these asses...I saw the dude they had interviewed's tent blown over because noone was inside it....shouldnt he have lost his place in line? no, as i was leaving from lookin for Guitar hero 2, he was fixing his tent back up...a half hour after i had gone inside....that's an instant tent-moved-to-end-of-line methinks

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Cutting in line ftw....i was thinking about doing it at our wal-mart since i doubt they did the voucher deal...what are they going to do? tell their mommy? this isnt 2nd grade so grow up ya f*ckin panseys...and i doubt the 5 people in line here were packin their 9's....if your standing at the door when they open, you're first....if you're camped out 20 feet from the door, you're not in line

These bastards buying and reselling for pure profit f*cking piss me off bigtime. It would be different if they got two, one for them and another to cover both costs, but to screw people who want them to play not to sell is wrong imo....reserve one and sell your presale recipt, and stand in line to buy one for yourself....I'd love to jack the bastards in the face who do this shit...the Bloomington Pantagraph did an article about these asses...I saw the dude they had interviewed's tent blown over because noone was inside it....shouldnt he have lost his place in line? no, as i was leaving from lookin for Guitar hero 2, he was fixing his tent back up...a half hour after i had gone inside....that's an instant tent-moved-to-end-of-line methinks
[/b]

Actually people waiting in PS3 lines were "packing there nines" if you watched the news there were alot of riots and someone even got shot in a PS3 line.

I think people should do whatever they want with the PS3. idk about you but if I could have sold my PS3 and make 4X or more profit I would. Forget about playing it, wait a few months till after christmas so you can find them and buy them at normal price. I dont think people should be able to buy 2, well at least at this time of shortage.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info