3800 who else is throwing an M90 on their L36?

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
well in the other thread i see that some of us are looking into stuffing an l67 top end on their L36

what are your project idea's/goals?

AL and I have been working on getting a SII 3800 together for the front of the 442 (a recent pic, 95% done with the rear firewall covers)
Nov06442pic1.jpg

we have a 98 l36 shortblock that is usable and after i will be treating it to every improvement (oiling, cooling etc) i can find (plenty of stuff) but instead of going straight turbo...
we will be gathering parts to throw this on it for the meantime...
G3M90blower.jpg

60-70K G3 M90 from an 00 GTP (in a sullivan pontiac box) with a bad coupler (and a hell of a score at 50$)
now it looks like we will be going Jyarding for some of the parts we need to complete everything (fall/winter is a good time of year for the IN pickapart 1/2 price deals...)
then we will be dropping the SII and a modified 01 GP GT harness into the front of the 442 when we finish the new dashboard/instrument panel, and finish the 10 pt rollcage, i may do a 12 point to stiffen the front unibody further, but thats another project...

so who would like to know when Al and I would be running for parts, i'll keep you in the loop for when Al and I go to rape a couple L67's :lolsign:

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
The L36 block has higher compression so thats what Ron is looking for I think. Ive thought about it, but I like being part of the small N/A following.
[/b]
n/a is lame fish, you know better :lolsign: :lolsign:
we have 2 l36 m90 setups in the works,the first should be done at the begining of DEC
if i quit sleeping in on the weekends. keep us posted james

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
ive bene thinkin of doin it now just gota think this or a newer car
[/b]
hey sammy the car one of our built motors might be going into is an impala :ph34r:
one thing you might want to look at when programing the pcm 03's seem to have some funky codes and such that dont come up on other years, 03turbo eric just went threw an issue with this a while back.

M@

Somebody buy this thing
Nov 26, 2007
well in the other thread i see that some of us are looking into stuffing an l67 top end on their L36

what are your project idea's/goals?

AL and I have been working on getting a SII 3800 together for the front of the 442 (a recent pic, 95% done with the rear firewall covers)
Nov06442pic1.jpg

we have a 98 l36 shortblock that is usable and after i will be treating it to every improvement (oiling, cooling etc) i can find (plenty of stuff) but instead of going straight turbo...
we will be gathering parts to throw this on it for the meantime...
G3M90blower.jpg

60-70K G3 M90 from an 00 GTP (in a sullivan pontiac box) with a bad coupler (and a hell of a score at 50$)
now it looks like we will be going Jyarding for some of the parts we need to complete everything (fall/winter is a good time of year for the IN pickapart 1/2 price deals...)
then we will be dropping the SII and a modified 01 GP GT harness into the front of the 442 when we finish the new dashboard/instrument panel, and finish the 10 pt rollcage, i may do a 12 point to stiffen the front unibody further, but thats another project...

so who would like to know when Al and I would be running for parts, i'll keep you in the loop for when Al and I go to rape a couple L67's :lolsign:
[/b]

If you guys run across any wrecked SeriesIII L32's with a Gen5 blower perched on top, let me know...

I'm not really in the market for one at the current market price, but if a junkyard has one and will let it go for cheapish (few hundo) I can swing that...

Good luck on the cutty project as well, that thing is frickin sweet :D

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
woot! today we are running to the Aurora Jyard's and then maybe over to the one of summit

i doubt we'll get to W body heaven at the IN pickapart, but if i can get half of what i need i'll be happy

84 CJ7 horn ring (same as any GM unit) going wheeling on the 18th in south elgin with the IL4wd club, so we need it together...

an entry handle for my fathers mistress' 97 E150 conversion van

annnnnnd L67 parts ;)

SNR247....i'll be grabbing an oil cap just for you.... :p

then youll have to stop by and we can bench race over my 3 3800's.... :D

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
thats awsome, thanks alot james, let me know what they cost[/b]
prob free...i need to grab LIM, rails and VC'rs so i can start marking where i have to machine the L36 heads for the injectors...

LMFAO on the bench racing, and next year we can brag about who blow more 3800s up during the race season :lolsign:
[/b]

i think we have a 2 to 1 advantage over ya... :p

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
cool let ne know.

we have 3 cars to abuse and molest so we will try and keep up :D

why are you drilling the l36 heads, l67 heads are pretty cheap, or is this one of those i want to boldy go where no L36 guy has ever gone kind of a thing(not that you havent already). should be intresting, theres an extra set of l36 heads sitting on a shelf in the warehouse ive been wondering what to do with

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
cool let ne know.

we have 3 cars to abuse and molest so we will try and keep up :D [/b]

damn, ya got us there... just keep in mind each of our engines only moves ~2200lbs
except on the launch, where it seems that the rear engine is trying to lift the whole car (VIN C LN3's are low RPm Tq monsters) so i'd say that it's getting more than half at launch! especially with rear at WOT and front at 30%, i will be useing a toyotay headlight door motor to have a switchable WOT setting on the rear engine as well as still utilize the progressive throttle cable linkage

/\ we HAVE to get this on video, the launches at US41 HERE are nuthing with both engines at 40% throttle (to keep front wheel spin down ) when this thing launches WOT on the rear and the front at around 30-35% throttle (spins pretty easily even with a 3100, i'm hoping the extra iron from the L36/67 will help the front "pull it's own weight" :lol:

Even so i have materials gathered for a rear suspension overhaul, basically try to keep the rear from squating...the rear drivetrain platform is a clean slate as far as anything i can imagine

why are you drilling the l36 heads, l67 heads are pretty cheap, or is this one of those i want to boldy go where no L36 guy has ever gone kind of a thing(not that you havent already). [/b]

well i'm a cheap bastard and i have this at my friends
SVI_0011.jpg

injector aiming may also factor in therei want the bulk of the fuel in the high velocity airflow of the valve bowl

should be intresting, theres an extra set of l36 heads sitting on a shelf in the warehouse ive been wondering what to do with
[/b]
i have a guinea pig spare head, if you want top see if i can help ya out, let me know :)

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
well i didnt get out of the aurora yard til late and didnt go to the summit place, no SIII 3800's more than a few SI's and a few SI L67's as well as a few burned up L36's and one (that i could find) L67 out of a 96 RIV

so i just scored the LIM and valvecovers, oh and Bob i got that cap fer ya...i got a flat top one off a 95 L27, should be suitable to what you needed, i couldnt find any of the 3800 printed caps...
96L67LIMandVC2.jpg

give me a call it's sitting next to my monitor

I will probably use the two L36 LIM's that i have for an experimental cut and weld manifold for my tall deck SI/SII top end hybrid, i can cut them down the middle in a way to weld them back together with the manifold being over an inch wider to mate with the Symetrical port SII heads

i gotta take a few things to the power washer and clean em up i gotta get the blower case and LIm ready for the bridgport as well as do my first cuts on the L36 LIM's

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
well i didnt get out of the aurora yard til late and didnt go to the summit place, no SIII 3800's more than a few SI's and a few SI L67's as well as a few burned up L36's and one (that i could find) L67 out of a 96 RIV

so i just scored the LIM and valvecovers, oh and Bob i got that cap fer ya...i got a flat top one off a 95 L27, should be suitable to what you needed, i couldnt find any of the 3800 printed caps...
96L67LIMandVC2.jpg

give me a call it's sitting next to my monitor

I will probably use the two L36 LIM's that i have for an experimental cut and weld manifold for my tall deck SI/SII top end hybrid, i can cut them down the middle in a way to weld them back together with the manifold being over an inch wider to mate with the Symetrical port SII heads

i gotta take a few things to the power washer and clean em up i gotta get the blower case and LIm ready for the bridgport as well as do my first cuts on the L36 LIM's
[/b]
cool, ill give you a buzz this weekend, thanks again james

M@

Somebody buy this thing
Nov 26, 2007
[/b]

Thanks for looking B)
Good luck with the project, sounds like it's gonna be pretty sweet :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info