3800 slicks...wheels...?????

phat_ridegt

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2007
Ottawa
i know this has been beat to hell...everyone has their own opinions about which slicks to use ect.... I want to cut 1.70 60's. plain and simple. I will have a fully built trans, including gears, stall, and all the hard parts. the car is camm'd, i/c'd, and will be shooting for 11's.

My question, I have read that the 3053c's are the best, bottom line. but i need to know what wheel i will need to run. from searching, i found that the prostar xp will fit without spacers. i also found it has been discountinued. so will a different tire net me 1.7 or better short times? QTP?

the stock crosslace wheels are good for slicks right? are they the lightest stock rims i can use? i dont really know anything about using wheel spacers...what is the deal with those?

bottom line, what tire/wheel combo's can be run, and what is needed (spacers/longer studs ect..)? money isnt a factor, but i need to hook up. like everyone else, if i dont have to spend an arm and a leg, i dont want to.

thanks guys

M@

Somebody buy this thing
Nov 26, 2007
Dan,

I'm gonna have my 15" QTP's up for sale over the winter. Damn near new with less than 15 passes on them total.
I pulled consistant low 1.7s with them the first time out, with a best of 1.74 (and still getting better, but ran out of time to practice).

I'll be looking for 300+ ship (or 300 picked up) for them, TONS of life left, and each rim/tire weighs 30lbs....pretty light compared to stock/DRs.

3053c's are the shit, but they're also expensive slicks, and require new wheels as well as spacers, new lugs, longer studs...etc, etc...

MT

nitrous

Regular
Mar 9, 2008
Racine, WI
You don't need to use longer wheel studs with the 15" wheels if they aren't XPs. I ran Draglites last year before I got the ProStar XPs and just used a 7/16" spacer and the shank lugs that are required for the wheels anyways. You could also try Ed Morad for a pair of Montana rims.

Looking for $250 picked up or $300 shipped for the slicks.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info