3800 B.O.P.

bracketracer

Jun 20, 2008
Sorry folks. I planned to be there with the Sunbird and the GTP (with my wife behind the wheel), but I am having to make an emergency trip to PA for 2 of my grandparents who are very ill. I love racing, but family comes first. This will be the first BOP Day at Cordova that I have missed in many years. I hope all goes well for everyone. I have seen alot of personal bests at this event, so good luck to you all.

I will be at the ILGPC Mod and Race days the following weekend, so hope to see many of you there!

343fire

Oct 8, 2008
gilson,il
Well the grand prix crowd is still "king of the hill" at this event. Last year it was Paul, this year I was lucky enough to go all the way. Had to race an 8 second t/a in the overall final, he dialed up to a 9:40 from an 8:70, then he only had an .071 r/t. He ended up running a 9.16 to my 13.94. I had dialed 14.10 even though the weather station was telling me 13.89. I also had a new pb of 13.681@ 99.22mph. Gene was having traction problems and Johnny O. made it to the second round. Wish more of you could have made it,maybe next year.

There were only three gp's in fwd, me, Gene, and Johnny O. Of course "Slow Joe" had his little black thing there, all total I think we had 10 cars make the call for first round. I had the satisfaction of whipping slow Joe in the first round(YEA!!) I put a hole shot on him and broke him out since he tried to sandbag on me. I was lucky enough to win the fwd class and the king of the hill!! :D Johnny O. made it to the second round and Gene lost to Johnny in the first round. Overall turnout was huge and track was fairly good. I got a new pb of [email protected], not bad since I had never ran in the 13's until that day. Going back this Saturday for one last time and try for 13.50's or 40's. Have a good time at the mod/race day, maybe I will be able to make it the next time.

bracketracer

Jun 20, 2008
Thanks for the rundown, and congrats on your success! I'm glad to hear that you knocked out Slow Joe so early. It sounds like many of the same faces that show up year after year were there. This is really a great event, and I don't know why more folks don't make it. You should all mark your calendars for this event in '07! I plan to be back next year with the Sunbird and the GTP!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info