3800 Damnit - Problem #eight billion

GTPquickRB

Addict
Sep 11, 2008
nah, the key doesnt go in all the way. I don't think something is blocking it, it hasnt been able to work for as long as I can remember.

And I hit the trunk release on the key fob, the lights flash telling me it knows I pressed the button.

It's a huge inconvience. Is there anyway to fix it, in case it's broken somehow?

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
Originally posted by 98GTPquickRB@Sep 28 2006, 01:26 PM
yeah i bought it used.....that would make sense...dang it - i am gonna be crawling through that tiny ass hole
[snapback]140927[/snapback]​

Yeah, I believe some years got two keys while others just used one. Makes sense, right? (yes, I'm laying the sarcasm on thick there)

I

imported_GraFFix

I cant open my trunk with any keys I have...I have to rely on the releases also. When my car was down with the tranny for the past month the battery died. I couldnt get in the trunk to get something out. I had to try to reach it through that pass through. Im supprised im still not stuck in that thing lol

No key ever work in my trunk, and i have what looks like a trunk key...might be a valet key though I dont know, I got it when I bought the car. 7 years ago.

GTPquickRB

Addict
Sep 11, 2008
haha.....maybe? OH AND I LOST A FUSE SOMEWHERE IN THE ENGINE COMPARTMENT!!! I thought i was removing the AC/TRAC fuse - maybe i pulled a trunk fuse??

I'm an idiot - and I have no more fuses

Yeah i tampered with the wiring under the dash, but it was strictly my DRL's and taillight wires. (now my taillights flash when I arm the security system)

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
Originally posted by 98GTPquickRB@Sep 28 2006, 05:27 PM
haha.....maybe?  OH AND I LOST A FUSE SOMEWHERE IN THE ENGINE COMPARTMENT!!! I thought i was removing the AC/TRAC fuse - maybe i pulled a trunk fuse??

I'm an idiot - and I have no more fuses

Yeah i tampered with the wiring under the dash, but it was strictly my DRL's and taillight wires. (now my taillights flash when I arm the security system)
[snapback]140946[/snapback]​

Could be that missing fuse.. Just pick up some misc. fuses for a couple bucks at the parts store.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• G
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list