3800 Pre-Car Shopping Talk

Mikes1998GTP

Xenon Powered
Mar 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Real Name
Mike
Like Chad, I've also been car shopping as well... but before I decide to just go out and make a random decision on the fly based on pin stripes or future upgrades (grins), I'd rather test the water first and hear ALL you feedback up front, the good and the bad... This way I know what I'm getting myself into before I go through 4+ pages of comments, LOL!! So if I decided to trade-in my GTP for a nicer looking car with say same or better fuel economy, I'm curious how much grief I'd get on here too...

These are a couple cars I'm currently considering and test driven a few, so I'm curious how much trash talk or respect I'd get if I bought one of these... I want to hear it ALL... if you know something bad about them, please tell me... if you like them, I want to hear that too!

1. Pontiac GTO
2. Mercedes C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan (Supercharged)
3. BMW 330ci Coupe
4. BMW M3 Coupe
5. Chevrolet Corvette
6. Audi A6 2.7T (Twin Turbo)

Probably looking at November this year if I decide to do anything, but wont do it for 72mo financing, ouch!!
Thanks for your feedback in advance...

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
im helping my cousin look for a 350z or g35. those cars fucking awsome. they have great styling and plenty of power(with TC off). they are real realiable and taking moding well(if your were ever going that route). they have one of the best stock exhaust tones ive ever heard. they are a real head turner in the looks department and probly the next car i next spring when it get rid of the GTP. It will be my first car i dont fuck with.

id add that to the list,thoits a little under what your price range seems to be at
and why list a 330 and a M3
chose performance, looks and a high$ or slight luxury styling for a little bit more affordabilty
a-6s are dogs and really nothing special compared to the rest
m3 or benz if those are the only options

maybe i should start working for the geek squad to afford any of the cars on your list

Kyle

TCG Elite Member
Dec 30, 2008
Downers Grove
M3 hands down.

If I could afford one of those I would buy it in a second. Aggresive looks, but understated and conservative. Awesome interior, amazing handling, chicks love BMWs, and why wouldnt they. Especially an M3.

Like I said if I could afford it I'd buy one in a second and get a long warrenty and not mod a thing and have a kick ass DD. BMW makes quality cars, especially the Ms.

I

imported_silverbullet

i agree with turbo. imports are expensive. i had an 02 acura TL type S before the gtp and my insurance cost more than my 06 durango. i took it to an acura dealer and ask how much for a tune up they told me it will cost $1333.33. i got rid of it quick! i'm also in a market for new car myself. i think i'm going to stay with domestic car. they are cheaper to fix, looks and sounds better than imports. i'm looking at an 06-07 monte carlo ss. hopefully by saturday i get to drive one home.

Mikes1998GTP

Xenon Powered
Mar 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Real Name
Mike
FINALLY!! I used to talk so much trash about why Pontiac came out with a G6 GTP buy didn't offer it with a supercharger, I was soooo pissed!! Now for Spring 2007, Pontiac Unveils the G6 GXP Coupe, nice... might have to add this to my list...

gxp.jpg

gxp2.jpg

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Damn, that G6 GXP looks like a G35. I would narrow you list down to these. But remember do you really want to drive these in the winter? Maybe keep the GTP for winter, The dealer isnt going to give you much for it anyway. If you do drive in the winter, I suggest you get some snow tires. My uncle has a set of Blizzak's on his E46 Daily Driver M3 he says it feels like it has 4X4 with those tires and without them he cant even get out of the driveway.

1. Pontiac GTO - Lots of mods, Slow 1/4 times if you cant drive it well.
2. BMW M3 Coupe - Crazy handling, Girls love BMW's, high costs to repare
3. Chevrolet Corvette - Lots of mods, great all around performer.

Depends on what you'll use if for. If you can't drive stick that leaves this out......
2urkvt4.jpg

GTO's come in auto and with a converter swap you'll be up to the manual times.
I have to agree with everybody on the M3. Nice car but parts are just $$$$$
Vette's are great and come in auto but would you drive it in winter?
If you want fuel economy stick with a V6 or I4.
So for an all around car with front wheel drive you could get a.......
Montie with the V6 or V8...2door car
GP with the V6 or V8...4 door car
G6 coupe with the V6...2 or 4 door car
Cobalt/G5 with the I4...2 or 4 door car
Personaly I think 4 door cars look
2qiy9s9.gif
I'd much rather have a coupe. Your needs and wants might be different but at least YOUR doing some research on the subject. Get what you want and spend the extra few $$ to do so. You'll have it for a long time and a long time is too long to be kicking yourself in the pants for not getting what you wanted in the first place. :lol:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info