3800 paint trim plates

I

imported_PaceCarBoozer

Originally posted by grandprixboy@Sep 13 2006, 09:36 PM
ok u know the panels that hold on the power lock and window switches?...im thinkin about paint them but need to know how to make it look good..i just dont wanna spray them and they be messed up
[snapback]139213[/snapback]​

clean really good with a wax and grease remover and a scotchbrite pad. Then prime, sand, prime, sand, prime, sand, ect. until it is smooth. Then paint in light even coats, then clearcoat and you should be good.
CJ

Originally posted by PaceCarBoozer+Sep 14 2006, 10:34 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-grandprixboy
@Sep 13 2006, 09:36 PM
ok u know the panels that hold on the power lock and window switches?...im thinkin about paint them but need to know how to make it look good..i just dont wanna spray them and they be messed up

clean really good with a wax and grease remover and a scotchbrite pad. Then prime, sand, prime, sand, prime, sand, ect. until it is smooth. Then paint in light even coats, then clearcoat and you should be good.
CJ
[snapback]139386[/snapback]​
[/b]

ok thats good but will the sanding take away from the textured look it has...b.c i kinda want that still in there

REDHOTT04GTP

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2008
Romeoville
Originally posted by grandprixboy+Sep 14 2006, 11:44 PM-->
Originally posted by PaceCarBoozer@Sep 14 2006, 10:34 PM

CJ

ok thats good but will the sanding take away from the textured look it has...b.c i kinda want that still in there
[snapback]139408[/snapback]​
[/b]

UPS them to CJ nad he will paint them and they will look perfect trust me

Originally posted by REDHOTT04GTP+Sep 15 2006, 01:02 AM-->
Originally posted by grandprixboy@Sep 14 2006, 11:44 PM

CJ

[snapback]139412[/snapback]​
[/b]

just might do that..if i knew who he was

REDHOTT04GTP

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2008
Romeoville
Originally posted by grandprixboy+Sep 15 2006, 05:32 PM-->
Originally posted by REDHOTT04GTP@Sep 15 2006, 01:02 AM

CJ

[snapback]139412[/snapback]​

just might do that..if i knew who he was
[snapback]139568[/snapback]​
[/b]

Pacecarboozer

I

imported_PaceCarBoozer

Originally posted by grandprixboy+Sep 14 2006, 11:44 PM-->

CJ

[/b]

Oh, if you still want the texture finish, then just clean them up with the wax and grease remover (this is the most important step, cause if you don't clean them well, the paint won't stick). Then you just paint them and a light coat of clear for a satin finish, or a couple nice coats for a shiny finish, but this may get rid of some of the texture. This is simple, don't pay me to do it, just take your time, don't rush through it, and they should look nice

Originally posted by PaceCarBoozer+Sep 16 2006, 08:38 AM-->

CJ

Oh, if you still want the texture finish, then just clean them up with the wax and grease remover (this is the most important step, cause if you don't clean them well, the paint won't stick). Then you just paint them and a light coat of clear for a satin finish, or a couple nice coats for a shiny finish, but this may get rid of some of the texture. This is simple, don't pay me to do it, just take your time, don't rush through it, and they should look nice
[snapback]139646[/snapback]​
[/b]

thanks...it will be my weekend project next weekend.....or next....lol...but ill be sure to post pictures of it

I

imported_PaceCarBoozer

Originally posted by grandprixboy+Sep 17 2006, 12:37 PM-->
Originally posted by PaceCarBoozer@Sep 16 2006, 08:38 AM

CJ

[snapback]139646[/snapback]​

thanks...it will be my weekend project next weekend.....or next....lol...but ill be sure to post pictures of it
[snapback]139741[/snapback]​
[/b]

Yea, I'll post up pics of mine when I get around to it, I'm going a little different route with mine.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info