3800 yup, its about time to change that filter!

xierxior

Addict
Feb 2, 2008
chicago
I bought a FWI about a year and a half ago and I completely forgot about the filter since it's all hidden away.
today I just remembered I have an air filter!!! by god it must be filthy right? I've been wondering why my throttle response has been sucking the big one and now I know why.
I didn't get a chance to take any pictures but when I pulled the filter out it was completely black and all the slots in the side were full of dirt and crud.
I can't believe the motor could even suck ANY air in through that filter I mean you wouldn't believe how bad it was until you saw it. it looks like I was going 4x4'ing with my car.

this is just a FYI to not forget about the filter :)

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
time for some new tuning eh?

fwiw i had a greek customer once that came in with a filter probably very close to what you saw...he was complaining about poor drivability and bad fuel economy (this guy brought new meaning to the term asshole)

the funny part was when i showed it to him and he said "its good for a million miles" he even pointed to the sticker that was under the hood, i pointed to the print at the bottom of the sticker that mentioned cleaning it regularly...

me and my boss never laughed so hard after he left

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• X
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list