3800 preussenGTP DHP Dilema

1.) The only reason i posted-up in this thread is because i have a DHP that isn't properly functioning and i'm being ignored.

2.) My intentions weren't to start a flame war, but to tell the company where i purchased my DHP from that it doesn't properly work as advertised.

3.) I'm not bashing anyone except DHP for ignoring my emails AND product complaint 'ticketS'.(plural) I do however feel that zzp should set me up with a proper v1.0 DHP

4.) I want a fully functioning DHP - I don't care if DHP and zzp are at war (as i understand it) the customer (me) is left out in the cold.

*Now put yourself in my shoes and walk a mile before you pass judgement about my legitimate complaint. I'm sick and tired of being jerked around.*

zooomer

Sep 30, 2008
I think it's funny that I'm accused of starting drama and haven't posted in this thread which is nearly 4 pages of drama :p

Anyway, to answer some questions.

1. ZZP and DHP are not at war. ZZP does not sell DHPs products anymore and regardless of what anyone may think or was told; I can assure you, you don't have any idea why. That's all that needs to be said.

2. If you bought a DHP from ZZP , we cannot fix it. We can't read and redo their PCMs. We use HP tuners and some other software to work on PCMs. I don't think any DHPs were purchased from ZZP within the last 9 months but if somone is having problems they can email us and we'll do our best to help.

3. I'm not sure what WBS has to do with ZZP and this thread???

We look forward to being here and sponsoring events for the ICGPC club. (And getting drunk in IL again, even if the track gets rained out)

Originally posted by zooomer@Sep 11 2006, 02:48 PM
I think it's funny that I'm accused of starting drama and haven't posted in this thread which is nearly 4 pages of drama :p

1. ZZP and DHP are not at war. ZZP does not sell DHPs products anymore and regardless of what anyone may think or was told; I can assure you, you don't have any idea why. That's all that needs to be said.

2. If you bought a DHP from ZZP , we cannot fix it. We can't read and redo their PCMs. We use HP tuners and some other software to work on PCMs. I don't think any DHPs were purchased from ZZP within the last 9 months but if somone is having problems they can email us and we'll do our best to help.

We look forward to being here and sponsoring events for the ICGPC club. (And getting drunk in IL again, even if the track gets rained out)
[snapback]138712[/snapback]​

Nah - I'm the one that started the whole drama thing by bitching about my dhp that i bought from zzp last year - so i probably need to attack charles (?) he's the dhp dood, right? I can't keep track of all the different names n stuff from these sites..
So i likely have to take my gripe to dhp rather than zzp cause i got my pcm last may ('05) :blink:

@ J.E.T - i copied n pasted that Paul McCartney n Wings song 'Jet' just for you ;)
Everytime i see a post of yours i think of that song

beyerch

Addict
Jan 20, 2009
Ummmmm ?

you can contact us at our support site. [email protected]

We pay people to answer emails and they do so in a rather timely fashion.

If there is any other part of the story that is missing, please feel free to inform me about it.

As far as pcm's, we drop ship them from our location as to ensure VIN #'s are programmed, etc.

Certain retailers decided that they would make their own tweaks (hell even their own programs) and sell them under the DHP name. Upon requests to cease such actions, they refused to do so, and they no longer sell or product. Unfortunately for us, they also refuse to make good on 6+ month old invoices to the tune of over 20K.....

As far as your specific pcm. If you have a GT, many of them are programmed to not need a performance shift swtich and the only difference is adding an additional 100 RPM to the shift point in performance shift. Otherwise shift times, pressures, etc, are the same in both modes.

If you have a GTP, then you should definitely have seperate tables.

Also, I will need your full name (not screen name) so I can lookup you in our system to see if we even processed your order. I have dealt with local people having troubles with pcm's from a certain vendor who we did not even have order records of .........

Originally posted by preussenGTP@Sep 10 2006, 09:08 AM
1.) The only reason i posted-up in this thread is because i have a DHP that isn't properly functioning and i'm being ignored.

2.) My intentions weren't to start a flame war, but to tell the company where i purchased my DHP from that it doesn't properly work as advertised.

3.) I'm not bashing anyone except DHP for ignoring my emails AND product complaint 'ticketS'.(plural) I do however feel that zzp should set me up with a proper v1.0 DHP

4.) I want a fully functioning DHP - I don't care if DHP and zzp are at war (as i understand it) the customer (me) is left out in the cold.

*Now put yourself in my shoes and walk a mile before you pass judgement about my legitimate complaint. I'm sick and tired of being jerked around.*
[snapback]138482[/snapback]​

beyerch

Addict
Jan 20, 2009
You have modified DHP pcm's in the past and I can post numerous emails from you trying to justify this particular act.

If you wish to claim you do not now that is fine; however, please do not try to infer that you have never done so, ever.

I honestly do not know who THIS customer is though, so don't take that to mean that i'm somehow implying you did anything to THIS particular unit though ....

FWIW.

Originally posted by zooomer@Sep 11 2006, 01:48 PM

[snapback]138712[/snapback]​

Originally posted by beyerch@Sep 12 2006, 12:14 AM
Ummmmm ?

you can contact us at our support site.  [email protected]

If there is any other part of the story that is missing, please feel free to inform me about it.

As far as pcm's, we drop ship them from our location as to ensure VIN #'s are programmed, etc.

Certain retailers decided that they would make their own tweaks (hell even their own programs) and sell them under the DHP name.  Upon requests to cease such actions, they refused to do so, and they no longer sell or product.  Unfortunately for us, they also refuse to make good on 6+ month old invoices to the tune of over 20K..... 

As far as your specific pcm.  If you have a GT, many of them are programmed to not need a performance shift swtich and the only difference is adding an additional 100 RPM to the shift point in performance shift.  Otherwise shift times, pressures, etc, are the same in both modes.

Also, I will need your full name (not screen name) so I can lookup you in our system to see if we even processed your order.  I have dealt with local people having troubles with pcm's from a certain vendor who we did not even have order records of .........

[snapback]138838[/snapback]​

Hey dude, i messaged you here, at clubGP, sent out two 'tickets' at your support website and tried to speak with you at the The W-Body Store shindig at Harvard in May(you appeared to be busy) without any replies. . . Now that i've got your attention i wish to have a fully functioning pcm with performance shift which mine does not have.
This was bought from zzp on September 7, 2004 invoice number 8529 for $215
I included my old pcm and vin# . I didn't get around to hooking-up performance shift until the The W-Body Store event in May of this year.
When it wouldn't activate, a friend of mine scanned and it showed no perf. shift in the file. :blink: That's when i sent out messages inquiring as to why this won't work. All that i want is to have performance shift activated.
Mike K. sent you my info (thanks dood ;) )
Perhaps we may resolve this situation - i'm sorry it had to come to this.

~Mike

beyerch

Addict
Jan 20, 2009
#1 - I do not check PM's at any site for hte very reason that I cannot guarantee when I will be on a forum. Secondly, I pay a person to monitor our support site. They are your best chance of reaching us. Upon searching our support site, I am not finding ANY tickets per your name. You do not happen to recall hte email address that you submitted them via ?

#2 - The harvard shindig was nuts. I was pretty much running in circles until 10:30pm when i had to roll out of there.... Sorry, I didn't get a chance to help you then, but I got a chance to eat a burger and a hot dog and beisdes from that, I was owrking on cars. It was so bad, I had other people changing out parts on my car for me . :) (thanks guys ! )

#3 - I looked up our order records and I have no record of your order. I would love to take a look at this pcm. I did just see your PM pop up and I will contact you outside of this thread to figure this out.

Fish, yes, we have to program VIN #'s and other good stuff as states are now actually checking VIN #'s when doing emissions ..... Would suck to fail emissions due to a bad VIN .... :(

Originally posted by preussenGTP+Sep 12 2006, 12:37 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-beyerch
@Sep 12 2006, 12:14 AM
Ummmmm ?

Certain retailers decided that they would make their own tweaks (hell even their own programs) and sell them under the DHP name.  Upon requests to cease such actions, they refused to do so, and they no longer sell or product.  Unfortunately for us, they also refuse to make good on 6+ month old invoices to the tune of over 20K..... 

As far as your specific pcm.  If you have a GT, many of them are programmed to not need a performance shift swtich and the only difference is adding an additional 100 RPM to the shift point in performance shift.  Otherwise shift times, pressures, etc, are the same in both modes.

Also, I will need your full name (not screen name) so I can lookup you in our system to see if we even processed your order.  I have dealt with local people having troubles with pcm's from a certain vendor who we did not even have order records of .........

Hey dude, i messaged you here, at clubGP, sent out two 'tickets' at your support website and tried to speak with you at the The W-Body Store shindig at Harvard in May(you appeared to be busy) without any replies. . . Now that i've got your attention i wish to have a fully functioning pcm with performance shift which mine does not have.
I included my old pcm and vin# . I didn't get around to hooking-up performance shift until the The W-Body Store event in May of this year.
When it wouldn't activate, a friend of mine scanned and it showed no perf. shift in the file. :blink: That's when i sent out messages inquiring as to why this won't work. All that i want is to have performance shift activated.

~Mike
[snapback]138868[/snapback]​
[/b]

beyerch

Addict
Jan 20, 2009
Originally posted by Fish+Sep 12 2006, 01:09 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-beyerch
@Sep 12 2006, 12:56 AM

Fish, yes, we have to program VIN #'s and other good stuff as states are now actually checking VIN #'s when doing emissions .....  Would suck to fail emissions due to a bad VIN .... :(

Really?? I didnt know that.
[snapback]138873[/snapback]​
[/b]

Swear to god, yes.

A lot of the east coast states are going that route. We found this out the hardway a year or two ago when a customer came to us bitching about failing emissions due to an invalid vin # .... :-0

zooomer

Sep 30, 2008
Originally posted by preussenGTP+Sep 12 2006, 12:37 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-beyerch
@Sep 12 2006, 12:14 AM
Ummmmm ?

~Mike
[snapback]138868[/snapback]​
[/b]

Michael A., you bought a DHP 1.0 from ZZP on 9-7-04 and we refunded your core on 9-13. If DHP is telling you that it is not their PCM, they are lying. It is. I'm not even sure how ZZP could have 'changed' your file or 'made our own' 1.0 at that date. From the looks of it, DHP most likely double dipped ZZP on the core charge and still owes us $100 on it. I apologize for the problems you've experienced with this purchase and can only tell you that if you want to buy a ZZP 1.0, I will give you a discount on it and ensure it works properly. If you ever have issues when you buy a ZZP PCM, you will get resolution right away and you won't have to submit a ticket or post about a competiting vendor in a message forum to get service.

Originally posted by zooomer@Sep 13 2006, 01:26 PM

Michael A., you bought a DHP 1.0 from ZZP on 9-7-04 and we refunded your core on 9-13. If DHP is telling you that it is not their PCM, they are lying. It is. I'm not even sure how ZZP could have 'changed' your file or 'made our own' 1.0 at that date. From the looks of it, DHP most likely double dipped ZZP on the core charge and still owes us $100 on it. I apologize for the problems you've experienced with this purchase and can only tell you that if you want to buy a ZZP 1.0, I will give you a discount on it and ensure it works properly. If you ever have issues when you buy a ZZP PCM, you will get resolution right away and you won't have to submit a ticket or post about a competiting vendor in a message forum to get service.
[snapback]139093[/snapback]​

Thanks for the reply.
DHP or Charles never made the claim that it isn't their PCM and said he'd do what he can to help me out.
My only gripe is not having the performance shift option available in the tables of teh PCM in question and not finding out until two full years later. After alot of head scratching and messing about with the wiring and switches, a friend scanned for me and it was then that we determined there wasn't a perf. shift file in this PCM.. Who is at fault is anyones guess, but i'm not pointing the finger at anyone in particular.
This thread has gotten outta control over a relatively minor issue, and i hate to see reputable W body vendors going after each other in a verbal ping-pong match.
I appreciate your offer for the new ZZP pcm and i'll definitely consider it, but if there's a way i can get performance shift enabled on the pcm i have now, that'd make me happy.

~Mike

beyerch

Addict
Jan 20, 2009
damn zooomer, your responses to stuff lately sound more like scott cook than anything else.

You now claim that you have NEVEr modified a dhp pcm or have the knowledge ability to ? Even for an old order that was shipped from you and not us ? I can quote the numerous emails from you directly where you justify/argue why you modified/'fixed'/changed our products. Furthermore, i have had local members here i have met up with (one at woodfield not too long ago) with receipt in hand that when i read their pcm was NOTHING like our code. I never did tell the customer that it wasn't even our computer, instead, I fixed it and said, sorry not sure what happened...... When i asked you about it all you told me was to worry about dhp and keep my ass out of your business .... (or something very similar to that, i don't think that was the exact quote).

As far as implying that we are somehow stealing money from you (double dipping core charges), this is the most ridiculous fallacy I have ever read from you. I have tracking #'s / help desk tickets / cancelled checks for every order with you and have submitte dto you records of every order (mostly powrtuners) htat you have not paid for which account for just over $20,000. You still refuse to make any attempts to take care of this situation and so far as dared me to sue you stating, 'go ahead and sue me, i have more money than you'. Of course you have more money than me as you're holding $20,000(~) of our money.

Once again, I could be an ass and disable all of the powrtuners in the field that we shipped on your behalf that you HAVE NOT paid us for. Of course, you know i won't / can't do that because that would only piss off the customers who (in their minds) have paid for their equipment. Your childish attitude to meeting your obligations is disgusting and your continual thug like mentality in regards to this situation rank you far worse than scott cook or any of the other 'enemies' you claim that you are so opposed to...

I realy haven't said jack about this on the national boards for quite some time, because quite frankly, there's no need ot cry about it there as no one there really even knows me these days, but to listen to you sit on a local board where the members know me (and vice versa) and make claims about there being no dhp /zzp fued and your ascertatation that we someone stole money from you, is the most ridiculous garbage and I will not let that fly here.

All you like to talk about is 'honor' this and 'honor' that but when it comes time for more than words, you create whatever justification you can come up with (ala scott) to back out of your obligations...... You have outstanding invoices from 2005 and its now sept of 06....

Per your own words ....

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, March 29, 2006 10:52 AM
To: [email protected]; [email protected]
Subject: Re: invoices

In a message dated 3/29/2006 11:40:21 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, [email protected] writes:
I strongly suggest that you discuss your attitude, actions, and statements with your legal counsel.  IMHO, you are doing yourself a big dis-service everytime you make documentated states such as the above.
Since I plan on paying what I rightfully owe and it will most likely be in your favor, I don't think anything I say will hurt me in court or otherwise.

Zooomer
Owner ZZPerformance.com

Please include all previous Emails pertinent to topic of discussion. If you have emailed a question, please do not phone in the same question unless you have not received a reply within 2 hours and it is during normal business hours.

Its only been about six months since then and you have made no effort to resolve any of this .... Within weeks of your demands for documentation, I supplied you with helpdesk ticket #'s, UPS tracking 's, and all other pertinent order info for all of the outstanding invoices and in return you have done nothing. I guess its just more convenient for you to gamble on the fact we will not legally pursue this..... :rolleyes:

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
Originally posted by beyerch@Sep 13 2006, 11:14 PM
damn ........................... :rolleyes:
[snapback]139241[/snapback]​

/\ those are words I would associate with a man proud of his integrity and honesty, and also a very integral part of the 3800 community (i see how many people you help out everyday on alot of forums), it would be my pleasure to meet you (and hash over the twin PT'r requirments in person ;) )

that and i now know why there is the Helpdesk

good Karma man, just remember that life has a way of evening out the inequities that we ourselves cannot...

Regards, James

/.02

edit fer grammar lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info