3800 anyone know...

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Just remember when you get a aftermarket hood, the fit on your car will not be flawless. It almost seems that every car that has a aftermarket hood looks like shit. I really wish I would forked over big money for a OEM WS6 hood, rather then buying a aftermarket.

I wouldnt waste money on this hood unless your really into the apearence mods or your stock hood is damaged. SINr is right it will probably cost you $1000+ in the end after paint and install. So if your going for speed, I wouldnt buy this.

I

imported_1fastGTP

i paid 700 for my hood, spoiler i got for Xmas, the front dam 300 and then 1300 cash for the paintjob instead of 2300 any other form of payment sooo... think on what you want man. i have been saven forever!!! since my car is paid off and i pay 900 a year on insurance. (and yes the cars under my name) so all the money i get from jewel is pretty much set aside until i decide to get something. it looks nice but if you want to beat me, buy some more mods ;)

p.s. (wbodystore intercooler is cheaper than the hood just thought you would like to know.)

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
well, I hit a wall so to say.. I want to do the Cam, injustors, IC and headers over winter.. But from what I keep hearind this can not be done without being tuned.. So what would the point be to continue with performance mods.. I havent decided but Zoomer said If I bring it up there with my tuner they will tune it for me.. So Im not sure what I will do yet.. BUT our stock hood weighs like 38lbs... the others are only like 22 or so.. well im still thinking...

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
well, I hit a wall so to say.. I want to do the Cam, injustors, IC and headers over winter.. But from what I keep hearind this can not be done without being tuned.. So what would the point be to continue with performance mods.. I havent decided but Zoomer said If I bring it up there with my tuner they will tune it for me.. So Im not sure what I will do yet.. BUT our stock hood weighs like 38lbs... the others are only like 22 or so.. well im still thinking...

If your goal is 300WHP, why dont you just buy a LS1 and put that down STOCK :lolsign:

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
Originally posted by vipermike2002@Sep 13 2006, 12:03 PM

If your goal is 300WHP, why dont you just buy a LS1 and put that down STOCK :lolsign:
[snapback]139090[/snapback]​

:lolsign: bad mike... :lolsign:

I wanted to 03 Cobra but my aunt would not sign... I was going to get it for 28.00 OTD and it had 17235 miles... So I found the GTP and she went for it.. After the deal was done she found out it was SuperCharged... :)

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
how is tuning a brick wall. you bought a tuner and have plenty of people that can easily tune those mods. you not going crazy custom where it will take nasa to do your tune. and yeah the under hood heat pad and back weather stripping will help about the same as the hood as royal said

stock is 42lbs
there is easily 10 pounds of misc you cna chop off the hood( alot more flex when done tho) plus weight over the front tires is not great weight loss as compared to driving around with subs and such.
if your worried about weight come vist me and voytek on the weekend with the cutoff wheel and the nibbler(pimp ass tool) we can shave some off for you. ;)
hell dont eat for 2 weeks(save money on food for mods) if your worried about that little of weight for 1k in cost.
take the balls out of the purse and mod that bitch more. L.E.Ds dont count -jk
:D

personally i think the F1 hood is sexy as hell....just do what i did, save for show or go this yr and to the next later on, if ur doing the hood, do the hood wing rims whatever looks you want, but go all out, if your doing go....go all out, just to get it out of the way, step by step thats what i did thanks to shaun :)

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
Originally posted by SINr247@Sep 13 2006, 12:30 PM
how is tuning a brick wall. you bought a tuner and have plenty of people that can easily tune those mods. you not going crazy custom where it will take nasa to do your tune. and yeah the under hood heat pad and back weather stripping will help about the same as the hood as royal said

stock is 42lbs
there is easily 10 pounds of misc you cna chop off the hood( alot more flex when done tho) plus weight over the front tires is not great weight loss as compared to driving around with subs and such.
if your worried about weight come vist me and voytek on the weekend with the cutoff wheel and the nibbler(pimp ass tool) we can shave some off for you. ;)
hell dont eat for 2 weeks(save money on food for mods) if your worried about that little of weight for 1k in cost.
take the balls out of the purse and mod that bitch more. L.E.Ds dont count -jk
:D
[snapback]139094[/snapback]​

BOB you are the best.. here we go.. So all Im asking is to WATCH or have someone HELP me tune my first time.. That forun is fucking insane.. things are all over the place and I still havent seen these tables.. plus people just dont care, they always say the same thing.. READ No one is going to just tell you.. I read all well most of the 137 pages in the tuner guide.. I did not pay attention to the Term codes.. I just dont understand why it is so hard here for people to say, Hey, Ill help... anyways.. Im going to hit 300WHP or Im goin to buy a honda.. :eek: I have asked for help to learn.. Not from nasa but PMs and still nothing... SO its not like I havent tried.. at this point Im thinking ZZP

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
peoples time is very costly, you are basicly telling people you dont understand anything that is going on and your just throwing your arms up and apperently not understanding 1 word of the PT manual. well my guess is that will be about two days to just get you to understand the basics(tables and what means what,which you already said you dont understand and cant find) then setting you up in everyway ....hell people have jobs

not not trying to call you a slow person, but that is quite a bit to try and cram in on a quick tuning session. it takes months, hell i dont know one person that is not still learning as they go to a point with new programs and new tales and spreadsheets being designed. its alot to consume, calm down. contact ron, he is busy guy but paying him for an real good base tune, and watching what he does(maybe take notes like its the school of vogal). Then with the new gained knowledge of what things mean and ask questions on the board that are more direct and can be pinpointed to a certain article or topic page. there is writeups when you hit a wall for the most part.
thats my best advice, good luck man
;)

REDHOTT04GTP

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2008
Romeoville
Originally posted by zooomer@Sep 13 2006, 01:17 PM
buy a hood based on looks, not on performance.
All ram air hoods on the GP channel air through relatively small passages in the hood. These heat the air up by approx 10 deg and increase the chance of KR. On a 3.4 pulley'd GP, each deg of KR costs 4-5 HP.
[snapback]139108[/snapback]​

Whats the hp loss on 3.0 pully with 5* of KR :( <_<

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
are you actully asking that? huh2:....its your own damn fault for getting tuned on 100/105 mix. why did you think jumping down to 93/shittymix of what ever someone used last in that pump wouldnt effect it. plus was you car ic cold when tuned ?
i bet it has somthing to do with the 22*s of timing you brag about and a lean condtion. silly chad :rolleyes:

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
Originally posted by Kyle+Sep 13 2006, 02:21 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-RoyalGTP
@Sep 13 2006, 11:48 AM
If you take off the rear hood weatherstripping on the firewall you will probbly get the same heat extraction and still have 1200 bucks in your pocket! :)  :eek:
[snapback]139086[/snapback]​

I think people have been finding out why thats not the greatest idea.
[snapback]139126[/snapback]​
[/b]

Im curious to know why thats not the greatest idea...

REDHOTT04GTP

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2008
Romeoville
Originally posted by SaturdaysGS+Sep 13 2006, 02:28 PM-->
Originally posted by Kyle@Sep 13 2006, 02:21 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-RoyalGTP
@Sep 13 2006, 11:48 AM
If you take off the rear hood weatherstripping on the firewall you will probbly get the same heat extraction and still have 1200 bucks in your pocket! :)  :eek:
[snapback]139086[/snapback]​

I think people have been finding out why thats not the greatest idea.
[snapback]139126[/snapback]​

Im curious to know why thats not the greatest idea...
[snapback]139127[/snapback]​
[/b]

X'S 2

Kyle

TCG Elite Member
Dec 30, 2008
Downers Grove
well its called wheather stripping for a reason, its keep water, ice and snow out obviously. Which the seals on the O2 connectors start to get old and crack, and then let water in and the terminals get corroded and then dont preform.

and we dont really need our narrow band O2s to be less acurate.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info