3800 working on the 442...

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
after we finish the last of the two hardlines for the trans circulation pump we will be "pushing" the 442 out of the garage and cleaning her up
a nice wash polish and wax...gonna look nice... B)

then out comes the video camera for some updates to the 442 files and maybe a quick blast up the street later today... ;)

for now we gotta get more braided stainless supplies from streetstuff in addison and stop by my work for some hardline and misc supplies

cleaning the 442 is gonna take a while lol good thing it's Al's 442...it's not on me, i'll be doing wiring....

if anyone isnt doing anything and wants to see whats up you can call on the number in my profile (al's cell)

James and AL

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
Originally posted by Fish+Sep 7 2006, 08:50 PM-->
Sweet dude. Are you running the dual 3800s now??
[snapback]138111[/snapback]​
[/b]

naw not yet...we just finished a big project which was full handmade sheetmetal rear fenderwells, braided stainlesss plumbing and AN fittings for the fuel and trans pump/cooler system, you would not believe how much this car has changed from just a year ago...and even more this winter
which brings me to the front 3800...
i have the 98L36 shortblock with 99 l36 heads and LIM and brackets
i still need some stuff like misc brackets, icm mount (though we may go with remote coil mounts)
and i need a used plastic L36 uim, since i will be throwing it together like that, while we weld up the mailbox plenum for the passenger side TB (belt side) which will make things easy for plumbing of a FMIC with the front TD06 turbocharger
this is of course after i get the new bearings and gasket set for putting it together, and reworking the 01 GP GT harness into the front...

i wish i had a 4 car garage so we could strip it and turbo the rear engine while building and swapping in the front 3800...but at least this winter i have a furnace installed in my garage....mmmmm warmmmm (yay no more torpedo heater!)

<!--QuoteBegin-SaturdaysGS
@Sep 7 2006, 09:09 PM
Is she comin out tomorrow?
[snapback]138114[/snapback]​

Maybe, when Al gets his paycheck tomarrow (around 11ish) he will be going to the dmv for his personalized plates and sticker (registered in belvidere, no emissions!)
and to take the 442 off storage insurance.

there is a possibility....but i dont know if i will be working so it'll suck if i cant go....i would bet he will be driving within 10 minutes of the plates being put on :lolsign:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info