3800 lug nuts

Toasty

TCG Elite Member
Nov 4, 2007
Bolingbrook, IL
So after i put the polished 5 spoke rims on the gtp today, i notice the ghey stock black lug nut covers stick waaaay the heck out of the wheel.

I have searched all over for some black lug nuts that are standard non locking type, in the factory 19mm size... but i cannot find anything

the only thing i have found is the black gorilla spline style lug nuts, and the tool for those does use a 19mm hex, but i'd rather have the standard hex

has anyone seen these anywhere?

help!

preussenGTP

Banned
Feb 11, 2008
chicagoland
forgive me as i just woke up

do mean these lugs?
lugsnr0.jpg

1280X960 full sized image

Toasty

TCG Elite Member
Nov 4, 2007
Bolingbrook, IL
i dont care if they are locking or not, i just want something that is a shorter combo than the oe open end nuts with the plastic lug covers.

eh, i guess if there were some shorter black oe lug nut covers, that would work, but what i'd like is just regular acorn style black (or black chrome) lug nuts that are 19mm.

preussengtp-

are those caps off a hubcap or something? they dont look like the black caps on my wheels.

It was dark out so i couldnt take a good pic of what i've got on the car now.

preussenGTP

Banned
Feb 11, 2008
chicagoland
Originally posted by Toasty@Sep 7 2006, 11:24 AM
preussengtp-

are those caps off a hubcap or something? they dont look like the black caps on my wheels.

It was dark out so i couldnt take a good pic of what i've got on the car now.
[snapback]138036[/snapback]​

the lug in the photo is from my 2001 with torque star rims

part numbers are as follows:

'97-'98 - 10028614
'99-'03 - 9595120

what year is your GP, and what rims do ya have?

preussenGTP

Banned
Feb 11, 2008
chicagoland
Originally posted by Toasty@Sep 7 2006, 03:49 PM
it's a 97, it had the cross lace wheels originally, it's now got the hipo 5 spoke non-torque stars

which, i think are from a 98?
[snapback]138079[/snapback]​

If you wanna see how my lug-caps look on your rims you're more than welcome to have a go.

PM me and we could meet someplace.
I'm on archer Ave in Willow Springs - Not the Lenzi projects in Hodgkins like it says in my sig ;)

Toasty

TCG Elite Member
Nov 4, 2007
Bolingbrook, IL
Originally posted by preussenGTP+Sep 7 2006, 11:22 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Toasty
@Sep 7 2006, 03:49 PM
it's a 97, it had the cross lace wheels originally, it's now got the hipo 5 spoke non-torque stars

which, i think are from a 98?
[snapback]138079[/snapback]​

If you wanna see how my lug-caps look on your rims you're more than welcome to have a go.

PM me and we could meet someplace.
I'm on archer Ave in Willow Springs - Not the Lenzi projects in Hodgkins like it says in my sig ;)
[snapback]138137[/snapback]​
[/b]

do ya think you could measure them from top to bottom?

Toasty

TCG Elite Member
Nov 4, 2007
Bolingbrook, IL
OK.

So I measured my caps... they are about 1 3/8ths to 1 1/4ths, so same size as yours pictured, preussengtp.

I've included pix of what I am seeing as them sticking out too far for my tastes...

and also, pic of oe open end lug nut, no extra cap, nice and flush, but looking bleh

on a side note, the pix came out quite well for being pitch black outside!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info