3800 replaced belt on the Riv...oh yeah...

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
we finally changed the belt wnt to a 715k6 duralast (with my discount B) )

he hit 11.9 had kr when he let off nothing bad but he's comming over to pick me up so we can hit the road and do some spark table work...

he's loving the N* and LQ4 (got a reman fer $63 with my discount)
kinda misses the progressive throttle...i'm talking with a friend that may be able to help make a setup...but loves the power :D

this car is too quiet...need a louder FWI...4 inch this time...

wish us luck... ;)

regards, James

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
KR is under control (thingy!!!) and on one run we hit 12.84 psi (6000) so i'm thinking his 120+k cat and exhaust isnt letting it breath...even with the prototype powerlog on the front...time for the dmh and headers

Mike K eric will be calling you about those pacesetters soon (so we can finally install the DMH 2.5 electric cutout-controlled by his steering wheel volume switch B) )

I

imported_Ron Vogel

I worked on a car Friday that had the Pacesetters. It fits around the trans tightly (in a good way). The fit on them looks really good. May want to get out the welder to seal up the slip fits. The car I worked on didn't leak, but it would look a lot cleaner than the clamps.

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
Originally posted by Ron Vogel+Sep 4 2006, 12:03 AM-->
I worked on a car Friday that had the Pacesetters. It fits around the trans tightly (in a good way). The fit on them looks really good. May want to get out the welder to seal up the slip fits. The car I worked on didn't leak, but it would look a lot cleaner than the clamps.
[snapback]137477[/snapback]​
[/b]

i was actually wondering about the slip fit joints...i dont want any outside oxygen getting into there... weld up most of it and i have a couple 2.5inch ford ball and socket joints i could use...

i am actually trying to convince eric to let me put an O2 bung in each runner...

for future testing ;)

just from reading the plugs there are some gains to be had for a more even burning engine in regards to injector skew/airflow patterns etc.

i have to get some more sets of 104's and cut back the ground straps on them...

<!--QuoteBegin-Fish
@Sep 4 2006, 12:05 AM
I like the, "If it aint broke, dont fix it" mentality. :p

Always cool to read your posts James. I wouldnt mind meeting up sometime so I can pick your brain and share some L36 ideas.  B)
[snapback]137478[/snapback]​

"if it aint broke, build it till it is..." ;)

redneck engine-uity :p

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Turbocharged400sbc
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list