3800 New Member

Bk4293

Regular
Aug 31, 2008
Hello guys, names Steveand I just purchased a White 2006 Grand Prix.
Decided it was time for something bigger, more family orientated but still has a bit of performance. I know a couple of guys here on the site (Alex, Jeff who now owns a WRX wagon, and Joe) Hopefully be getting to meet the rest of you guys in due time.

Little background history: Really started getting into mods with my 1999 Ford Contour SE 4 banger (Thts right, don't laugh at me!!!). Had problems with her and she's gone. Bought a used 1998 Ford Contour SE with an oil leak, blew the motor (Some say purposely) and Did a 3L swap. She was pretty nice but never got to run her at the track due to a leaking fuel rail and a little fire.......But we estimated somewhere in the mid 14's whih is good for a Contour.

I'm one of the site admins over at http://www.chicagoceg.com for the Chicago Car Enthusiasts Group.

I live on the North Side of Chicago and work at the Wendys in Glendale Heights Illinois as a manager.

Well thats about it for now, you guys will learn the rest about me in the years to come......

Steve

Bk4293

Regular
Aug 31, 2008
Originally posted by Kyle@Sep 1 2006, 12:17 AM
so what kind of gp?

gxp? gt/sc?
[snapback]137194[/snapback]​

Not really sure the model. I'm guessing it's just a base model. 3800 for the motor.

I stay around Montrose and Nagle over by Wright College.

Basically probably gonna start off with the usual intake and exhaust, then start on the "Make her pretty" mods. :)

Bk4293

Regular
Aug 31, 2008
Originally posted by burtgtp1973@Sep 1 2006, 01:39 AM
Welcome!

I have a 98' SVT that had the 3L swap done. It locked up within 6 miles. The car  has been sitting for  about 5 months now. Who did you have do your swap?  What 3L did you use?  I went with a 35K mile Escape engine. Something didnt turn out ...anywho,welcome dont be afraid to ask questions.
[snapback]137225[/snapback]​

Stazi from Contour.org actualy did the swap for me out in Michagan. I used the Taurus Duratec. She ran strong, just leaked a bit of gas! :blink:

Bk4293

Regular
Aug 31, 2008
Originally posted by REDHOTT04GTP+Sep 1 2006, 03:56 PM-->
Originally posted by chipmonk212121@Aug 31 2006, 09:05 PM
...just watch out for two people.....

Fish
REDHOTT04GTP

I swear they are perfectly safe to be around........ just be careful...... haha
[snapback]137175[/snapback]​

lol i dont bite :lolsign: other wise Welcome!!!!! is your car supercharged????
[snapback]137291[/snapback]​
[/b]

Nope, just a base model GP...Going for the usual bolt ons for now, also looking to drop it a bit with some decent rims. Just went to go see an old members old rims and fell in love. 17 inch centerlines in Gunmetal on a white GP :hitit:

<!--QuoteBegin-GraFFix
@Sep 1 2006, 02:17 PM
Ohh shit time to get the ban stick out...

Welcome  ;)
[snapback]137276[/snapback]​
Hey man, if you guys havent banned the few members I know....I feel pretty safe here.

Whats up Joe, where ya been mang?
Wasnt sure if that was you until I saw the Mustang in your sig, definately an unforgetable car.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info