3800 My Polished GenV is Finally Done

TommyGloves

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 23, 2007
CHICAGO
Real Name
Tom Glover
I've been wanting to polish this GenV blower I purchased two years ago. Unfortunatey, I didn't have the zillion of hours needed to get it done myself. :unsure:

A guy named Jason Farnworth (Gr8RacingFool) on ClubGP started offering this service to other members. I sent my plain looking blower to him 3 weeks ago...come this Wednesday...I will get this in the mail:

TG1.jpg

TG2.jpg

TG3.jpg

TG5.jpg

TG6.jpg

I'm so stoked that I'll be able to finally get my engine bay completed. :)

I

imported_1fastGTP

ok i talked to the guy. its 150.00 for all the parts there if you want him to dissasemble and reasemble the blower and such its 50.00 if you want him to change the bearings and everything he will do that no charge just buy whats needed. he says do shipping insurance of 45.00 and thats all he will be letting me know about the alternator and the throttle body monday. hope that helps.

Shaun

I

imported_PaceCarBoozer

Originally posted by 1fastGTP@Aug 26 2006, 10:44 PM
ok i talked to the guy.  its 150.00 for all the parts there if you want him to dissasemble and reasemble the blower and such its 50.00 if you want him to change the bearings and everything he will do that no charge just buy whats needed.  he says do shipping insurance of 45.00 and thats all he will be letting me know about the alternator and the throttle body monday.  hope that helps.

Shaun
[snapback]136545[/snapback]​
If thats all he's charging, hell, run with it, that is cheap for what looks liike absolute top quality work. Wish I knew how he got it to look that good, guess I'll have to figure it out for myself.
CJ

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Originally posted by PaceCarBoozer+Aug 26 2006, 11:12 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-1fastGTP
@Aug 26 2006, 10:44 PM
ok i talked to the guy.  its 150.00 for all the parts there if you want him to dissasemble and reasemble the blower and such its 50.00 if you want him to change the bearings and everything he will do that no charge just buy whats needed.  he says do shipping insurance of 45.00 and thats all he will be letting me know about the alternator and the throttle body monday.  hope that helps.

Shaun
If thats all he's charging, hell, run with it, that is cheap for what looks liike absolute top quality work. Wish I knew how he got it to look that good, guess I'll have to figure it out for myself.
CJ
[snapback]136549[/snapback]​
[/b]

Some parts are chrome plated and some are polished.

Either way, that is going to be one engine bay that Id love to gyrate my hips at.

I

imported_PaceCarBoozer

Originally posted by Fish+Aug 28 2006, 01:27 AM-->
Originally posted by PaceCarBoozer@Aug 26 2006, 11:12 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-1fastGTP

Shaun

CJ

Either way, that is going to be one engine bay that Id love to gyrate my hips at.
[snapback]136664[/snapback]​
[/b]
Is the casing chrome plated, and if so, how did he keep the chrome out the inside? If it is polished, I'm gonna have to work extra hard on mine to try and get it looking half that good.

TommyGloves

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 23, 2007
CHICAGO
Real Name
Tom Glover
Originally posted by PaceCarBoozer+Aug 28 2006, 05:40 PM-->
Originally posted by Fish@Aug 28 2006, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by PaceCarBoozer@Aug 26 2006, 11:12 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-1fastGTP

Shaun

CJ

[snapback]136664[/snapback]​
Is the casing chrome plated, and if so, how did he keep the chrome out the inside? If it is polished, I'm gonna have to work extra hard on mine to try and get it looking half that good.
[snapback]136716[/snapback]​
[/b]

Anything that was aluminum (SC housing and snout) or stainless was polished. Items like the TB bracket, the PCV cover, and plug wire holders are regular steel and were chrome plated.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info