3800 Hit and run......

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
I was on my way to work tonight when there were a few cars parked in the middle of the road. There was one lane where people could get by and I looked over and saw a shoe in the road followed by what appeared to be a 13-15 year old boy with a huge bloody nose and looked all banged up. I stopped to offer assistance but there were already people there helping him. I asked if anyone called 911 and heard sirens literally seconds after I asked the question. The description of the car that I heard was a late model white sedan. Apparently a Dodge Durango chased the car but lost him.

If I didnt stop to get gas I would have been right there and saw it happen. I could have chased the car myself and had an easier time keeping up. I didnt hear much about the boy since he was already surrounded by others wanting to help and then the Vernon Hills PD and fire departments along with an ambulance was already at the scene and swarmed him.

How can someone hit someone then run away??

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
I dont know. I dont know if a plate number was even written down. Id hope the guy in the Durango that chased him got a plate, or even a partial plate. By the time I got there the car that hit the boy was gone, but there was no emergency people there yet.

GTPHales-Wife

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Plano, IL
I know how you feel somewhat fish.....except I was in the middle of the entire thing. A couple of years ago I witnessed an accident on my way to work and this kid in a truck took off......Well I decided to go after him. The guy tried to run but I went after him. Luckily I had my cell called the cops and stayed with the guy until the cops arrived. Wierd thing is I never got called in to tesify or anything. My guess is the guy just pleaded guilty.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info