3800 One thing that sucks about small towns

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
Like any normal bloke with a decently quick car, I tend to look around for races. None of this street race through traffic, coming home from the bars with a joint in my hand while topping third gear stuff. More of the, random stoplight in the middle of no where at night, or country road run. Well lately I have had a hell of a time getting anyone to line up or take the bait. I thought maybe the "TGP" badge was scaring people, but nope that isnt it. I was talking with my brother a little while back and found out some interesting information. Apparently just about every fast car in town knows not to race my brother or I. What kind of bullshit is that? First off, my cars grawl is a lot bigger than its bite. Second, its not like we are pinks racing. Cant anyone just run their cars for fun, and let me spank them like the little bitches they are? Its embarrasing knowing that most of the town is scared of low 13 second cars. Apathetic whores.

MIKES3

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Algonquin, Illinois
I get that feeling with the little punks in my area. I think most of them know of my Grand Prix from others guys I know. My sister brags about my grocery getter (She's 19) and she know whats done to my car. I taught her well, but now everyone knows. Oh well. I'm sure there are cars in my area that will blow my doors off, but I have yet to run into one.

25hd6oj.gif

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
Originally posted by 98 TGP TOY@Aug 24 2006, 02:56 AM
Like any normal bloke with a decently quick car, I tend to look around for races.  None of this street race through traffic, coming home from the bars with a joint in my hand while topping third gear stuff.  More of the, random stoplight in the middle of no where at night, or country road run.  Well lately I have had a hell of a time getting anyone to line up or take the bait.  I thought maybe the "TGP" badge was scaring people, but nope that isnt it.  I was talking with my brother a little while back and found out some interesting information.  Apparently just about every fast car in town knows not to race my brother or I.  What kind of bullshit is that?  First off, my cars grawl is a lot bigger than its bite.  Second, its not like we are pinks racing.  Cant anyone just run their cars for fun, and let me spank them like the little bitches they are?  Its embarrasing knowing that most of the town is scared of low 13 second cars.  Apathetic whores.
[snapback]136308[/snapback]​

yeah having other people around you that tell everyone not to race you is some bull. if some one knows what you have and others ask,just saying a friendly "why dont you find out" is all that is needed. Weither that be a family or car club member. but then again picking on you average civic at a light in that monster is a little overkill.

MIKES3

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Algonquin, Illinois
Originally posted by 98 TGP TOY@Aug 24 2006, 02:08 PM
Well the town is a little bigger than that.  15,000.

Can I have your autograph?

Yea sure. Where should I send it?
[snapback]136336[/snapback]​

THe town I live in has about 10k give or take and a lot of that is old people in Del Webb. I live right by Algonquin and that has about 30k

phat_ridegt

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2007
Ottawa
most of the 'car scene' people know our gtp...most dont know how fast it is, only that it is pretty quick. for the first time in a long time, we went into town, and talked to a couple buddies, one whom which to just bought an s2k...there was this del sol from out of town who wanted to race some people...not knowing the gtp is still down, they set it up for me...the civic was all motor...might have has n2o...but i doubt it was a 12 sec car or better...but other than that, we get people (not like streets or corners) from out of town who wanna race 'anything' all the time

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info