3800 SC project..

TonzKnock-G

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 9, 2007
Shitcago
Originally posted by Xtant12@Aug 10 2006, 12:04 PM
So I took my car into the dealership today to get the screw removed/ Taped.. They said that to do this should take anout 1 to 1.5 hrs.. I told them to also install my MPS.. I think this shoule be able to get done with 2 hrs.. do you think it is able to get done.. How long does it take to install a MPS???
[snapback]134791[/snapback]​

Why the hell are you going to the dealer???

edit: Why the hell did you go to the dealer??? Unless you know someone i'd bring some vaseline when you pick your car up.

TonzKnock-G

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 9, 2007
Shitcago
"Install my MPS"

That might be a whole day project!! You should have got answers before you leave your car there! Now they can give you any type of bullshit they want. I can hear them now " we also had to change (insert random part) since thats neccessary when doing a pulley swap" . You might have more problems now then when you left the car there.

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
Well I need this done.. I went to 3 shope and they all said that I should take it to the dealer incase the drill to far into the charger.. And you are right.. It is 100.00 an hr but they said they could get in in 2 hrs... I need to get this done asap and I had nowhere I could go so I had to take the hit... They will call me when if goes in... Thats what they said...

Originally posted by MIKES3@Aug 10 2006, 03:02 PM
Sometimes I wonder about Mr. Jason. I think he does have a hook up at the dealership, but you would think that they would hook him up on a price. Jason next time contact someone on here. You DONT need a 3.4 on ASAP. Patience grasshopper
[snapback]134807[/snapback]​

i thought this was a joke at first but i guess not! :blink:

can anybody stop him from making a huge costly mistake? Dude, Jason, i would have borrowed my pulley tool to MikeS3 for you to install it yourself for free under his supervision. OR i would let you drive here and i'd help you install it - for free :blink:

Call the dealer and cancel!!!

Originally posted by tonzcompg04@Aug 10 2006, 02:02 PM
"Install my MPS"

That might be a whole day project!!  You should have got answers before you leave your car there!  Now they can give you any type of bullshit they want.  I can hear them now " we also had to change HEADLIGHT FLUID since thats neccessary when doing a pulley swap" .  You might have more problems now then when you left the car there.
[snapback]134798[/snapback]​
wow? wtf?

thesexy99GT

Regular
Aug 9, 2008
yeah headlight fluid... didn't you know that the increase of boost puts a strain on your headlights because their fluid is only rated for 5-8 psi and anything over that will cause your boost to not even work, so i fyou put in some part#69780-niner-toatllyfullofshit7452 light fluid in it prevents this loss of power, and the dealer knows this, so they put it in for you without notification

just bein a smart ass (had pranks like that thrown at me all the time in construction... level fluid, board stretcher, disapearing chalk-line.... so i've had to come up with my own counter remarks)

on a more serious note though, i'd cancell if i were you and have one of the offering club members do it with you, that way, you learn, you don't lose a bunch of money, and you get it done by someone more experienced than the dealer

Originally posted by thesexy99GT@Aug 10 2006, 05:44 PM
yeah headlight fluid... didn't you know that the increase of boost puts a strain on your headlights because their fluid is only rated for 5-8 psi and anything over that will cause your boost to not even work, so i fyou put in some part#69780-niner-toatllyfullofshit7452 light fluid in it prevents this loss of power, and the dealer knows this, so they put it in for you without notification

[snapback]134822[/snapback]​

He needs to get those fetzer valves installed right away! They're easily installed using a left-handed hammer and corner-nails.

Wait . . i hear something!

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ chaaaaaching :eek:

phat_ridegt

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2007
Ottawa
i work for a gm dealrship....

i NEVER would take your car their. im surprised they even agree'd to do it. i wouldnt be surprised if they just messed with the screw or whatever u needed...then didnt put the mps on. gm doesnt make a tool to do the pulley swap, and i had a class today, and they said the m90 (talking about the gen v) was NOT SERVICABLE and should not be taken apart in any way at any dealership including pullies lol. but i would cancel if you can, if not, get the lube ready...

24bog02.jpg

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
Originally posted by MIKES3@Aug 10 2006, 02:02 PM
Sometimes I wonder about Mr. Jason. I think he does have a hook up at the dealership, but you would think that they would hook him up on a price. Jason next time contact someone on here. You DONT need a 3.4 on ASAP. Patience grasshopper
[snapback]134807[/snapback]​

WELL, Im a bit confused.. I did try to contact a few people to see if they could Drill and Extract that puller tool the other shop broke off in my Super Charger... Anyways.. They did it and installed the MPS 3.2 ( MIKES3 ) and it was 150.. Took them about 3 hrs they said.. There my boys... I think I got a good deal.. I pick her up tomarrow at about 830 am.. I will be at corners so mikes3 can admire my FASTER car!!! :lolsign: Well, trust me, I will not have them do my IC when I get it.. That will have Rons name all over it... :rolleyes:

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
They said my pulley install from the shop was all fucked up.. I figured that it would be something like that.. The pulley was bent from install and you could bearly tell when it was spinning but that was no biggy.. So they also had a prob when drilling the screw out.. I guess they broke a bit or to.. But they got it.. I needed it done asap.. they came through...I dont think I gt hosed to bad... Im just glad it is over.. I cane wait to get her back...

TonzKnock-G

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 9, 2007
Shitcago
Originally posted by Xtant12@Aug 11 2006, 01:25 AM
They said my pulley install from the shop was all fucked up.. I figured that it would be something like that.. The pulley was bent from install and you could bearly tell when it was spinning but that was no biggy.. So they also had a prob when drilling the screw out.. I guess they broke a bit or to.. But they got it.. I needed it done asap.. they came through...I dont think I gt hosed to bad... Im just glad it is over.. I cane wait to get her back...
[snapback]134871[/snapback]​

Why didnt you say they were your boys?? Thats why you didnt get raped.

MIKES3

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Algonquin, Illinois
Originally posted by preussenGTP+Aug 11 2006, 01:13 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Xtant12
@Aug 11 2006, 01:25 AM

They did it  and installed the MPS 3.2 ( MIKES3 ) and it was 150.. Took them about 3 hrs they said.. 
[snapback]134865[/snapback]​

orangutangreduxfm8.jpg

[snapback]134870[/snapback]​
[/b]

Yeah, I'm a litte confused on this comment. Why is my name in parenthesis nect to $150

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
Originally posted by tonzcompg04+Aug 11 2006, 09:28 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Xtant12
[snapback]134871[/snapback]​

Why didnt you say they were your boys?? Thats why you didnt get raped.
[snapback]134894[/snapback]​
[/b]

well I have brought them everything since my motor blew.. they know my cars entire history.. I try to bring it there once to twice every 3 months just to get checked out.. They look it over and thats it.. they cant believe all the things you can do to a GTP.. And Mike.. you are in there cuz you have the 3.2 aswell..

I scanned on the way home today.. Could have went better.. so I went from .97 KR to 5.2 KR at WOT.. Im right there with Syp now... :p guess I will be getting the cooler sooner than I planned..

TonzKnock-G

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 9, 2007
Shitcago
Originally posted by MIKES3+Aug 11 2006, 09:32 AM-->
Originally posted by preussenGTP@Aug 11 2006, 01:13 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Xtant12

They did it  and installed the MPS 3.2 ( MIKES3 ) and it was 150.. Took them about 3 hrs they said.. 
[snapback]134865[/snapback]​

orangutangreduxfm8.jpg

[snapback]134870[/snapback]​

Yeah, I'm a litte confused on this comment. Why is my name in parenthesis nect to $150
[snapback]134896[/snapback]​
[/b]

He's trying to say your only worth 150 bucks. :lolsign: :lol:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info