3800 intense : RASK drag suspension Kit

I

imported_Ron Vogel

There are other ways to do it. I have a plan on a new set-up for mine, just haven't got around to it yet.

I think the RASK kit will help traction, but I agree on the bending the trailing arms thing...that's why I never made a set for my self.

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
Originally posted by Fish@Jul 17 2006, 12:42 AM
I think someone on clubgp bent their GMPP trailing arms. I used GTO spring blockers myself with good results.
[snapback]132487[/snapback]​

I agree.. I use them as well and they work awesome.. I thought I lost them once but it turns out they slid behind the sprind and i didnt see them... so I put another set on.. Couldnt figure out why it felt so hard when I hit bumps... :)

AdamGTP7

Regular
Feb 21, 2008
I Have the GTO spring blockers in.....
I already removed everything behind the front seats, Did the tire pressure, Did a little burnout and featherd the throttle.

Is there anything else we can do to our cars to get STREET tires to hook?? What Is the "Hale front end limiter"? I havent heard of that.

M@

Somebody buy this thing
Nov 26, 2007
if you're bending trailing arms, you installed the RASK some kinda fucked up...

It mounts to the control arms, not the trailing arm.

As for the front end limiter, it's something Hale made a long time ago. I personally disagree with the thing, and it seems rather obvious to me how giving your car essentially ZERO shock rebound would really HURT traction. The front end is going to lift no matter what you do, but making it so the struts cannot move to counteract the lifting of the chassis will unload the front tires and reduce traction.....that is if I'm thinking of the same kit.

MT

M@

Somebody buy this thing
Nov 26, 2007
yes, all it takes is hitting one bump while the car is in motion, and the rear arms will bend.

It's a shitty idea, and shitty execution of the idea. I'm revamping my setup in the very near future, ass soon as I have time to pull the control arms and bend them back :angry:

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
Originally posted by Ron Vogel@Jul 19 2006, 06:14 PM
I am going to be using a bar that fits between the strut sway bar mount, and the front attaching point for the rear trailing arm. It should pitch the CG foward enough to limit transfer...but that's in theory.
[snapback]132785[/snapback]​

on Eric's 98 Riviera, i will just be wiring into the air ride suspension to jack the back end up all the way at the track and when needed, but function normally when on the street...

I havent quite figured out how i will drop it while it's going down the track for better drag reduction but i was thinking a simple timer switch to start venting the rear bags after 2 seconds have elapsed from a trigger such as a VSS signal being generated...

just imagine what 4 corner bagged suspension could do fer track tuning FWD street/strip cars.... :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info