3800 Maybe I didnt find it

Toasty

TCG Elite Member
Nov 4, 2007
Bolingbrook, IL
OK

i eluded a bit to this in the other thread, but the title is now not correct!

So it is true that the car seems louder, but it could be just that it is running rough (w/ses light) and some form of smoke from tailpipes....
I noticed the s/c belt tensioner may be the clunking culprit, but also the front dogbone mount that afixes to the engine is missing a bolt, and the other is loose!

(also noticed a fair amount of play in the dogbone on the opposite side of the motor... the bolt end that attaches to the motor)

anywhoo.... one of my questions is this... would the loose motor mount bracket have put enough stress on the exhaust to make it leak (probably yes?) that would have in turn, when the exhaust leak was bad enough, to make the car run rough (probably yes?) which in turn fubars the o2 sensor readings, which throws the ses light, and screws with the fuel mix, making the smoking ?

either that or something else in the motor is fubar?

heeelp

....where is a good place to have this thing looked at ??

S

sr71_rgl

The codes will give you a really good idea of what the problem is. If the exhaust is leaking tighten all the nuts and the dog bone mounts too. Lower mounts go bad often too and cause the motor to rock back and for excessively. Check the codes!

Toasty

TCG Elite Member
Nov 4, 2007
Bolingbrook, IL
Originally posted by sr71_rgl@Jul 11 2006, 09:38 PM
The codes will give you a really good idea of what the problem is. If the exhaust is leaking tighten all the nuts and the dog bone mounts too. Lower mounts go bad often too and cause the motor to rock back and for excessively.  Check the codes!
[snapback]131941[/snapback]​

I think im gonna clear the codes by disconnecting battery and see how soon they show up again after starting... if immediately it should not be the o2 sensor, since the sensor will not read anything until it reaches operating temperature.
If i had a code scanner i'd do that but i dont... I dont have a lift either so i need someone to reccomend a place to get it looked at ... either des plaines area (where car is parked now) or bolingbrook area (assuming i can get it home)

Toasty

TCG Elite Member
Nov 4, 2007
Bolingbrook, IL
haha stupid me i didnt think about autostone ... i think there is one near work, where the car is parked now

Originally posted by BigJermGTP@Jul 11 2006, 09:58 PM
If you dont have a code scanner, any carquest or autozone will scan your SES light for free.

See what codes it's throwing, have them clear it and if it comes back, then you can narrow the problem down a little easier.
[snapback]131946[/snapback]​

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Toasty
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list