3800 What Headers To Go For

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
Originally posted by ClubGPGTT@Jul 10 2006, 03:32 PM
I just got my downpipe, gona order the ubend d, and then gona look for headers, whats ones would make me the best? and dont forget im a GT
[snapback]131773[/snapback]​

Im right there with you.. I need to get some aswell.. BUT, everyone I see is an entire kit with the downpipe and all that.. is there a way to get just headers???

MIKES3

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Algonquin, Illinois
Originally posted by Xtant12+Jul 10 2006, 04:03 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-MIKES3
@Jul 10 2006, 03:54 PM
I'm very happy with the W-Body Store Ceramic Coated S&S Headers.
http://www.wbodystore.com/grandprix/produc...&products_id=17
[snapback]131781[/snapback]​

Mike would there improve my deep sound???
[snapback]131783[/snapback]​
[/b]

Yes they would, but I wouldnt worry to much about sound, because when you hit WOT it will sound like ass no matter what you do.

Most header sets come with a downpipe and then you weld the rest to a cat or straight back to where the "cat back" would be. IMO, you should have gotten the headers first then figured out what you were gonna do with the downpipe.

I kind of ran into the same problem, but it turned out ok in the end. I bought a WBS catless downpipe for my stock manifolds. I then purchaced TOGS which came with a shorty downpipe. The WBS catless downpipe doesn't match up with anything else but the stock manifolds (as far as I know). I knew from the begining that they didnt match up but I wasnt planning on getting TOGS untill I came across a deal I couldn't pass up. It all worked out in the end because Mr. Vogel hooked it up and cut the WBS downpipe and welded it to the shorty TOGS downpipe.

I'm sure I just confused the hell out of you and I know you were just looking for opinions on headers. Whichever you decide on, it should work out, you just may have spend some money on a downpipe like I did without having to.

I would try the coated S&S, I have TOGS and love them. I never would have bought them if it wasnt for the deal I got, being that I'm the biggest cheap ass I know. What will really turn your car on is a tune just for your car, I think that made the biggest improvement of anything.

Oh yeah, dont buy a u-bend delete off the internet, your getting raped. When you get your exhaust intalled or whoever is doing your welding, have them make you one, you can always get the rear O2 sensor deleted via PT or spoof. Also, most exhaust shops will weld in a bung for the rear O2 if you still want it.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Originally posted by chipmonk212121@Jul 10 2006, 05:20 PM
just get PEMs.... dont waste 500$ on headers for a GT... you arent running that much power that the headers are gonna help that much more.
[snapback]131801[/snapback]​

SLP Headers on a basically stock GT was dynoed 12 HP IIRC in HPP. Cam rockers or anything else for that matter will add to the number.

TOGs - Shady quality. However I hear that theres a new company making them.
S&S - I dont like the 02 sensor location. If installing them was like removing them, Id rank them ALMOST as bad as SLP.
SLP - PITA to install.

Have to choose what looks best in your opinion.

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
sell the DP, and if you want to hit 13s i think most of GTs run TOGS
tho they are probly to much for your current setup. ive heard SLP and TOGs are dif in a couple ways
the crossover, and the DP section mostly. has anyone ever measured the primaries and collectors between the 2. we are all aware the S&S are smaller so i wont bother with that Q

and yeah dont buy a ubend. just take everything you want to put on and go to fair or Ron(bring some exhaust tubing)if he would do it and be done with it.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
For a naturally aspirated vehicle S&S headers are actually perfect... Their smaller collector retains low end torque while increasing high end horsepower. Peak horsepower numbers mean very little when you're sacrificing low end torque. You might end up with a car that's a monster on the highway but no faster from a stop than it was before. For that reason the S&S headers a great option for the naturally aspirated cars.

As for installation, I'm not sure what troubles you've had Brian but the S&S headers are by far the easiest to install with the Togs coming in behind them and the SLPs coming in a distant 3rd as I'm sure you know.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
I was helping James remove his S&Ss. I never installed them. We had quite the hard time taking them out. I just said if installing them was as hard as removing, they would be pretty close since the rear header is longer then a TOG but shorter then the SLP.

The TOGs I helped install went pretty well.

I dont want to even remember my SLP install. It makes me wake up and cry durring the day.

Blownbyyou

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 27, 2008
well i saw mike ks car that he sold, when he was putting on the S&S it went fast as hell. even with mikes tall ass standing inside the engine bay. i can imagine from the TOGs voytec has that they are going to be a bit of a hassle to put in

I was there that day putting the S&S headers on and they were pretty easy, I think it took maybe an hour if that, they were very easy

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info