3800 A story about a Extremely Rare F-Body

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Both my dad and I know this mechanic that works at a dealer, he has fixed my car and my families cars multiple times. He owns a few F-Body’s. We will call him Dan. One day Dan was at his friends junk yard. He saw this Red Trans AM parked in the back. The bumper was cracked and so was the hood. But overall the car is in ok shape for a 94 with 100K miles. Dan buys wrecked cars all the time, has my dad fix the body damages and sells them. He offered the guy $300, and the owner sold him the car.

It was a 94 red WS6 Trans AM with just over 100K. Title, Vin, Carfax all say it’s a 94. (Yes I know they don’t make them in 94, read on)

He drove it over to my dads shop so he could fix the hood and bumper. After a few days my dad told him he couldn’t fix the hood and bumper they were to badly damaged. Then would need to be replaced. Dan gave him the go ahead to find replacement parts. My dad searched for weeks for parts for this 94 WS6 but couldn’t find any. He would call places and people would tell him this car doesn’t exist. He told Dan to come pickup his car, and keep it at his house until parts are found.

Dan did some research on the internet and found out that this was a prototype WS6 car that was used on the GM proving grounds and Auto shows and then was to be destroyed. We think some GM executive drove this car after the testing. The car looked like a 96 production WS6 with some minor differences. It had WS6 emblems inside. It had these WS6 wheels on it, aluminum 17’s with 10 inch wide wheels. GM never made wheels that wide on F-bodys. I have NEVER seen these wheels on another car but Dans. It had fog lights that were smaller than 96 WS6 fog lights, but the bumper seemed to be the same. The ram air hood was similar to a 96 WS6 but the ram air inlets/grills were actually smaller, and the grill itself had NO GM part Number, also the hood had NO GM part number. Meaning these two parts were obviously custom made. Dan told me this car sounds meaner than any stock LT1 and pulls harder than any stock LT1 he has driven; he thinks this car might have a factory cam installed.

When he was looking on the internet for parts he found some guy in Florida that supposly has the same car as him. He described how the wheels look, and how the fog lights and ram air hood was different than the 96 WS6. I guess the guy owns a yellow 94 WS6. Yellow is a pretty weird color for back then and if these were show cars I can see why it would be yellow. The guy offered him $1500 plus ANY wheels he wants for his stock 94 WS6 prototype Wheels and then offered a few days later to fly up to Chicago to buy the whole car. Dan said no, since now he knows how rare of the car he owns its not just a normal 94 TA he is going to restore it and keep it for along time.

From extensive research on the internet and from talking to a lot of people Dan has concluded that his 94 WS6 is ONE of TWO cars still in existence. I will get some pics of it soon.

I

imported_Theautoguy

There is a local used car “rip-off” place near me that was selling a god-awful looking 95’ Corvette. It was black, red and grey done in a diagonal staged pattern…it looked bad! It sat there for at least 8 months until it was sold. About a year later I noticed it pulling into the Grainger lot back at the Rockford branch and struck up a conversation with the new owner.

He said that they knocked the price far down below the Kelly Blue Book trade-in value so he bought it. He went to change the water pump a few weeks later and started having trouble locating parts. After a few weeks of frustration he contacted some from Chevrolet, I think in Bowling Green. It turns out, what he had was one of the “test” cars from Chevy for the 96’ Gran Sport Corvette…his 95’ had a factory LT-4 in it…documented! I think the color scheme was for some sort of “show” circuit but none-the-less, he bought a $50K+ collectible Vette for around $15K.

I love stupid car lots!

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
now that explains everything. High performance pontiac magazine has been doing articles on old protoype pontiacs that have been found in circulation. give them a call with this find. I'm sure they would be able to help locate parts for it, who made this and that for it.

nice explanation!

After a post on mfba.org someone from SLP thinks this car is nothing more than a 94 Trans AM, with some aftermarket hood, wheels, badging.

http://www.mfba.org/showthread.php?t=43517&page=1&pp=15

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info