3800 Fast trivia help

BumpinGTP

TCG Elite Member
Jan 20, 2009
South Suburbs
I need to figure out these answers.....maybe I am searching in the wrong places, but i just cant find these....

8Q. What is the slowest measured speed of light?

9Q. The term “Heavy Metal” was first used in writing in a review of what group’s album? Name the group and the album,

11Q In the movies, who was prisoner number B-1560-8?

12Q On the SNL band stage, what track number is shown in their Grand Central Station stage reproduction?

13Q. Part of these counties (in the lower 48 states) can only be driven to by entering a foreign nation. What are the States and Counties? There are two.

MIKES3

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Algonquin, Illinois
I think I can answer some of these questions for you. They are in order.

8Q. Now this one is kind of a guess but it makes perfect sense. Shutter speed is measured in seconds. A typical shutter speed for photographs taken in sunlight is 1/125th of a second.

9Q. The first use of the term "heavy metal" in a song lyric is the words "heavy metal thunder" in the 1968 Steppenwolf song "Born to be Wild"

BumpinGTP

TCG Elite Member
Jan 20, 2009
South Suburbs
Originally posted by MIKES3@Jun 26 2006, 11:22 AM
I think I can answer some of these questions for you. They are in order.

8Q. Now this one is kind of a guess but it makes perfect sense. Shutter speed is measured in seconds. A typical shutter speed for photographs taken in sunlight is 1/125th of a second.

9Q. The first use of the term "heavy metal" in a song lyric is the words "heavy metal thunder" in the 1968 Steppenwolf song "Born to be Wild"
[snapback]130645[/snapback]​
Shutter speed is the speed at which the light path is interrupted, I need to find the speed at which light has been measured to travel slowest.
For the heavy metal question I need the first album review, not lyrics.
Thanks

BumpinGTP

TCG Elite Member
Jan 20, 2009
South Suburbs
1Q. At the end of the movie “Top Gun” Charlie put a quarter in the jukebox and plays “You’ve Lost That Lovin’ Feelin’” What song was playing just before she did that?

A. Radar Radio

2Q. Who’s PA system did Jimi Hendrix use at the 1970 Isle of Wight Festival?

A. The Who’s

3Q. Tommy Walker is better known as….?

A. The Pinball Wizard (It’s a boy Mrs. Walker, it’s a boy) A bit more famous then Tommy the toe don't you think?

4Q. Who is the only person nominated for an Oscar, Grammy, Golden Globe and Nobel Prize?

A. Bono

5Q. What is the longest Organ Recital ever played?

A. HALBERSTADT, Germany, May 4 — If you miss Friday's musical happening at St. Burchardi Church in this eastern German town, no worries. There is always 2008. And the next year. And the one after that."It doesn't sound like Beethoven," said Rainer Neugebauer, a member of the foundation behind the performance, scheduled to last 639 years. In fact, you have about six more centuries to hear developments in the work being performed, a version of a composition by John Cage called "As Slow as Possible." A group of musicians and town boosters has given the title a ridiculously extreme interpretation, by stretching the performance to 639 years.

Like the imperceptible movement of a glacier, a chord change was planned for Friday. Two pipes were to be removed from the rudimentary organ (which is being built as the piece goes on, with pipes added and subtracted as needed), eliminating a pair of E's. Cage devotees, musicians and the curious have trickled in to Halberstadt, a town about two and a half hours southwest of Berlin by train known as the birthplace of canned hot dogs and home to a collection of 18,000 stuffed birds.

"In these times, acceleration spoils everything," said Heinz-Klaus Metzger, a prominent musicologist whose chance comments at an organ conference nine years ago sparked the project. "To begin a performance with the perspective of more than a half-millennium — it's just a kind of negation of the lifestyle of today."
The only limitations on the length of the performance are the durability of the organ and the will of future generations.

For anyone keeping records, the performance is probably already the world's longest, even though it has barely begun. The organ's bellows began their whoosh on Sept. 5, 2001, on what would have been Cage's 89th birthday. But nothing was heard because the musical arrangement begins with a rest — of 20 months. It was only on Feb. 5, 2003, that the first chord, two G sharps and a B in between, was struck. Notes are sounding or ceasing once or twice a year — sometimes at even longer intervals — always on the fifth day of the month, to honor Cage, who died in 1992.

6Q. Who made P.O.S. beer?

A.Philadelphia Brewing Co. (Philadelphia Old Stock)

7Q. What do the shows “Leave it to Beaver” and “Desperate Housewives” have in common?

A.They use the same houses for their sets.

8Q. What is the slowest measured speed of light?

A.Zero. In 1999, physicists led by Lene Vestergaard Hau of Harvard slowed the speed of light to a leisurely 38 miles per hour by shining it into an exotic ultracooled material known as Bose-Einstein condensate.
Two years later, Dr. Hau's group, as well as a second team of scientists at the Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics, were able to bring light to a standstill — and then release it with its original properties intact.

9Q. The term “Heavy Metal” was first used in writing in a review of what group’s album? Name the group and the album,

A. Humble Pie “As Safe As Yesterday Is” “This album, more of the same 27th-rate heavy metal crap, is worse than the first two put together." Mike Saunders Rolling Stone #70 November, 1970; predating the Lord Baltimore article in Creem by 6 months.

10Q The first time sin is mentioned in the Bible, who is God talking to?

A. Cain (Genisis 4)

11Q In the movies, who was prisoner number B-1560-8?

A. Hannibal Lecter

12Q On the SNL band stage, what track number is shown in their Grand Central Station reproduction?

A. Track 30

13Q. Part of these counties (in the lower 48 states) can only be driven to by entering a foreign nation. What are the States and Counties? There are two.

A. North Angle, MN is surrounded by Canada and water and is part of Lake of the Woods County, MN. Port Roberts is a peninsula extending below the 49th parallel in Washington state and is part of Whatcom County, WA.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• B
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list