3800 Scan - IPW concern

yield2ten

May 9, 2008
Ok, so I just had my DMH exhaust cutout installed on Friday. I see 7-8 lbs of boost with it closed, and 9-9.5 psi with the cutout fully opened. My scan with the cutout closed showed 0 KR, and with it open I saw up to 5* KR. My biggest concern right now is my IPW. Take a look at my scan. This is with the cutout open.

http://www.scandepot.net/viewscan.php?pk=2393

Note that a previous scan (same exact setup, minus the cutout) showed a max IPW of around 19 at ~5,000 RPM. I have L67 injectors in right now, FWIW.

Mods are 46mm turbo, 1.9 rockers, ZZP HVTB, drilled 180* t-stat, cutout and 2.5" exhaust.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Things to look at:
Comandded IFR in the PCM
Fuel filter
Pump
regulator

Remember, L36 has a 1bar MAP and is not set-up to increase FP with boost since it's not referanced. The IFR can take you from Vac to the edge of boost, but after that the PCM must compensate for fueling.

The L67 injectors should be fine for you, so there is some sort of issue here.

CoolGTX

let sleeping dogs lie
Nov 17, 2008
Hotel 4 Dogs
Real Name
J/O
Originally posted by Ron Vogel@Jun 18 2006, 02:11 PM
Things to look at:

Remember, L36 has a 1bar MAP and is not set-up to increase FP with boost since it's not referanced. The IFR can take you from Vac to the edge of boost, but after that the PCM must compensate for fueling.

The L67 injectors should be fine for you, so there is some sort of issue here.
[snapback]129957[/snapback]​
how are you raising the fuel pressure? what IS your F/P at WOT?
ding, ding, ding.

yield2ten

May 9, 2008
I have no idea what my fuel pressure is! Is there anything in the Powertuner that can read that or do I need a fuel pressure gauge for that? Fuel filter was replaced not very long ago, so that HOPEFULLY isn't an issue. Besides the upgrade to L67 injectors, nothing else in the fuel system has been changed. If the fuel pump wasn't keeping up would that cause the IPWs to be higher? I'm a total newbie to tuning, so any help is appreciated. Let me know if you need any other info. from me.

yield2ten

May 9, 2008
I've contacted Matt M about this, and he doesn't seem to think that I necessarily need 42.5 lb injectors. I've just ordered a fuel pump rewire kit, so hopefully that will help out. I haven't had a chance to search yet, but any suggestions on where to get a fuel pressure gauge? How much will one of those bad boys typically run me?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Y
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list