3800 anyone see the new "power logs"

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
is anyone intrested in these new zzp power logs

the look is awful,never thought a stock mani would look better then somthing aftermarket
id be intrested to see if the front one would help spool anyfaster
but i guess if they work, 130 for just the front tho,(with core charge) its not that badly priced, but it looks like a simple enough design to make also

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
i think over headers there wouldnt be a gain, but to help spool maybe
i like how zzp mentions the w-body stores description of there stuff,

i guess zzp is all about bashing other designs now, especialy a design they have been using for years.
how come no test data shown on this either. they almost always claim some gain
thats been 'Dyno tested"

...wow...it really is ugly tho

who will be the first to try?

Originally posted by SINr247@Jun 8 2006, 05:03 PM
i think over headers there wouldnt be a gain, but to help spool maybe
i like how zzp mentions the w-body stores description of there stuff,

i guess zzp is all about bashing other designs now, especialy a design they have been using for years.
how come no test data shown on this either. they almost always claim some gain
thats been 'Dyno tested"

...wow...it really is ugly tho

who will be the first to try?
[snapback]129093[/snapback]​
Lately they have always been downing all the other products. Idk if you noticed but in alot of threads zoomer posts in, he almost always has a link to one of his products...

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
I didnt know saying something is better then another is bashing. Its called marketing.

Granted, I dont think Zooomer took a marketing class, but it cant be considered bashing.

Plus, headers for our cars arent the prettiest. Especially TOGs.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

I'd never say this on the national board...it's a nice product, but kind of rediculous. I guess this is a solution to the fact they don't have a header supplier right now.

A PEM (front) will already outflow a stock head. It's the rear outlet that really clogs things up. There's only so much you can do at this point. I talked to Mike about making an "Xtreme" set of ported mannies a few months back, but talked myself out of it. By the time you are done with materials and labor, you could have had some headers for about the same price. You can go pretty far with ported mannies, but headers are better overall.

It would be nice to see someone support the turbo market with a shorty set of headers, but I don't think there's enough busniness to warrant it.

preussenGTP

Banned
Feb 11, 2008
chicagoland
Here's a pic for the rest of us who have never heard of these things . .
zzppowerlog8qi.jpg

ZZP 'Power Logs' linky

this has piqued my interest enough that i may get the front one cause i already have PEMs - and the price is right. . .

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Zooomer has so much as admitted that he goes after me when it's possible. You'll notice on the national boards he frequently mentions ZZP not attacking other companies and our name is never mentioned in the fray.

In Texas when Steve, Zooomer, and I were talking I made a crack along the lines of "see, isn't it better when we get along". Zooomer's response was "No, I like the drama".

There might be a billion things we disagree on fish but ripping apart the competition is not what I'll do to gain more sales, Zooomer included. If others want to use the tactic that's fine. Their gain; my loss I suppose.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Mike, I will agree that sometimes Zooomer gets a little......wordy.

However, comparing a product against someone elses is nothing that has not been done before. Apple has compared their processors against Pentiums. Hell, apple even said they were faster. They just forgot to mention that they disabled hyperthreading and the apple had more ram.

Food for thought.

CoolGTX

let sleeping dogs lie
Nov 17, 2008
Hotel 4 Dogs
Real Name
J/O
Originally posted by Fish@Jun 9 2006, 02:26 AM

However, comparing a product against someone elses is nothing that has not been done before. Apple has compared their processors against Pentiums. Hell, apple even said they were faster. They just forgot to mention that they disabled hyperthreading and the apple had more ram.

Food for thought.
[snapback]129157[/snapback]​
if you read all 3 sites, zzp, intense, wbs, they all compare their shtuff to the others, to promote themselfs. They all do it to each other. Makes me sick and chuckle sometimes, when all I want to do is buy my parts, and have to sift thru all the BS on their sites. Alot of MISleading shtuff, and open bashing on all 3 sites. Takes a knowledgable person to acually buy the right thing without being swindled.

back on subject. 5 years ago I had tried to get a front header built, and could not get it done for less then a set of real headers cost. I ported my own front only, and ran good times for my mods at the time. I got a deal I could not pass up for a used set of TOGs.
If I had a set of stock mani on the car, i'd get one.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Originally posted by CoolGTX+Jun 9 2006, 04:59 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Fish
@Jun 9 2006, 02:26 AM

Food for thought.
[snapback]129157[/snapback]​
if you read all 3 sites, zzp, intense, wbs, they all compare their shtuff to the others, to promote themselfs. They all do it to each other. Makes me sick and chuckle sometimes, when all I want to do is buy my parts, and have to sift thru all the BS on their sites. Alot of MISleading shtuff, and open bashing on all 3 sites. Takes a knowledgable person to acually buy the right thing without being swindled.

back on subject. 5 years ago I had tried to get a front header built, and could not get it done for less then a set of real headers cost. I ported my own front only, and ran good times for my mods at the time. I got a deal I could not pass up for a used set of TOGs.
If I had a set of stock mani on the car, i'd get one.
[snapback]129160[/snapback]​
[/b]

Exactly. Everyone has to compare their product against its competition. There just isnt that much in this market so everyone gets all pissed when it happens.

Also no matter what IMO, the rear manifold will outflow any front manifold. Stock or ported. Any help on the front is good.

M@

Somebody buy this thing
Nov 26, 2007
MY qualm with it is that the primaries aren't aimed in the direction of the flow...

As far as the look, take a gander at a stock manifold installed on the car, the log part of this manifold will be mostly obscured from view, they'd look almost stock unless viewed from the bottom, or at least it appears that way from the pics of them...

MT

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Agreed with Mat. You'd be hard pressed to tell any difference from stock unless you looked closely.

I'm not sold on the concept. I think it merits further testing. The two degrees of knock Matt claims the manifolds removed from his GT could have just as easily been removed with a set of ported manifolds.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info