3800 Mod advice needed

smknL67

Regular
Aug 7, 2007
Bensenville
HEy guys whats up, well I'm getting ready to sell my gas saving hoopty (2000 Kia) and will have about $1800 to play with. I'm not really looking to make my Regal GS into a 12 second car but I am looking to making it run a 13.7 to 14.0 on the 1/4. Ever since I put on the lowering springs on the regal and rims Everybody and their momma be trying to race me. Usually I don't go for a race but every now and then I'll play. Right now I've been doing basic maintnance, changed plugs, wires, 02 sensors, maf sensor, valve cover gaskets, & brakes.

Current mods on the car are intake, pems, u bend/resonator delete, and exhaust.
I have a 3.4 pulley ready to be installed (anybody want to help w/ it?) and want to know what else will I need to get this baby going. I was thinking maybe inercooler and rockers, but which ones should I buy and from where? How much should I expect to spend on parts and labor. Anybody know somebody selling these parts as part of a demod? Or any websites that I should be looking at? Anybody here up to take the job? This car is my daily driver and I'm driving it about 70 miles a day from school, work, home, and weekends are even more miles on the car since I drive all over the place.

Thanking in advance for your advice

Paco

smknL67

Regular
Aug 7, 2007
Bensenville
Allright well it looks like I'm gonna get rockers 1.9's right? What springs should I buy? Or what else should I buy with them? I need to know exactly what to buy since I'm new to the L67 game, anybody willing to give me a lil rocker 101 schooling right quick? . should I also get pushrods? Anybody have links to the rockers that are recommended? What should I expect to pay for these bad boys?

Now for the intercooler, which intercooler is a good choice for my car? I know there are various brands and stages so I'm pretty sure some of you have tried various brands/stages so I would like your input as to which one I should buy. I don't want to buy the most expensive one on the market, just something that will get me by and get the job done.

I will also be ordering the dhp pcm. whats the diff between 1.0 and 1.5, 2.0?

I don't have the 3" dp on my car since it was hitting the firewall and I couldn't get it to stop touching the firewall hence its for sale. I do however have the stock dp without resonator or u bend. I'm thinking of eliminating the cat since I have an 02 sim.

bumpinGTP I will need an installer for this set up since I've never gone this far with my own work.

Keep those replies coming :)

preussenGTP

Banned
Feb 11, 2008
chicagoland
Originally posted by smknL67@Jun 9 2006, 01:52 AM
You think Ron vogel would be up for something like that ?

Are these the rockers that everyone is recommending me?

http://www.zzperformance.com/grand_prix/products1.php?id=426

If so I'll order them this week.

I'm starting to look at all the sites for the Intercooler, should I order a smaller pulley than a 3.4?
[snapback]129149[/snapback]​

yessssss - those are the rockers!

and as far as the pulley's concerned, get the WBody Store MPS for $100 cause you can run a pretty small pulley with an intercooler.

I suggest taking your car to Fair muffler in LaGrange for a most excellent custom downpipe. .MJ is da man!

BumpinGTP

TCG Elite Member
Jan 20, 2009
South Suburbs
Originally posted by Blownbyyou+Jun 9 2006, 11:04 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-BumpinGTP
@Jun 9 2006, 10:37 AM
Shoot me an email with everything you want installed and I will get you a quote, also if you need any parts recommendations let me know......I gotta go back out and work on Chad's car now :p
[snapback]129174[/snapback]​

Its not done yet?
[snapback]129175[/snapback]​
[/b]
Oil change, shift kit, and other little stuff today. The cam swap was done over a week ago.

REDHOTT04GTP

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2008
Romeoville
Originally posted by BumpinGTP+Jun 9 2006, 12:20 PM-->
Originally posted by Blownbyyou@Jun 9 2006, 11:04 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-BumpinGTP
Shoot me an email with everything you want installed and I will get you a quote, also if you need any parts recommendations let me know......I gotta go back out and work on Chad's car now :p

Its not done yet?
Oil change, shift kit, and other little stuff today. The cam swap was done over a week ago.
[snapback]129184[/snapback]​
[/b]

And whipping GTO'S HAHAHAHAHAH :lolsign:

Blownbyyou

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 27, 2008
Originally posted by BumpinGTP+Jun 9 2006, 12:20 PM-->
Originally posted by Blownbyyou@Jun 9 2006, 11:04 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-BumpinGTP

Its not done yet?
[snapback]129184[/snapback]​
[/b]

Okay that makes more sense.

I

imported_PaceCarBoozer

an IC core is just that, the core, there is no piping, pump, electronics, ect. ect. The core is just the part that goes between the intake and SC. You would be better off buying the whole kit and knowing you have everything you need.
CJ

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
its and odd problem with chads dont worry about it
for the price and in state availabilty i would go with w-body store one, and steve works for them so it would be easy to setup everything at once
and mod'd 1.9 rockers dont need pushrods
the zzp roller rocker package comes the them(get springs too if you have the dough)
the zzp cheap ic is kinda of.........a complete waste
if you upgrade later its another install. mikes 3 is running it, he is upgrading as fast as humanly possible. i think another person on the boards ran it as well and upgraded pretty quick after getting it,
so just look into a stage 2 of what ever you get....w-body might be able to get you a stage 3 for the final cost of zzps stage 2
contact them

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info