3800 WTF? Wbody Store rasied their prices!

GTPquickRB

Addict
Sep 11, 2008
when did they raise the shift kit to 70? and when did their downpipes go back to 130?

dang it, now i'm gonna be really poor

question: can I advance timing with my mods plus PEM's and the above downpipe? i dont want to go to a 3.2 pulley just yet. maybe in the winter (then again more boost, but colder temps). Also, how much work goes into porting a supercharger? I might try it

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Sorry Bryce... I hadn't intended on kicking up the shift kit price that high. Fixed.

As for the downpipe, if you have no knock it will allow you to get a couple more degrees out of your setup. It varies from car to car but the difference is noticable.

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
Eric just purchaced the PT through Mike at W-body store (THANKS!), his Rviera and the 442 arent too far away from the W body store at all all of us are right next to 53 and Palatine Rd...for some reason (old store site?) Al and i had driven to the address and found a GP out front but we never stopped...we were on our way to HTP to get my welder bottle refilled, that was like 2 years ago maybe 3.

Now we are just waiting on the PT, Eric is dying to drive his Riv

Jwood416

Apr 27, 2008
Looks like you got your hood all figured out too. I don't remember if I asked you what happened with the insurance on it.

Actually, its the same hood, just a good wax job and angle. My agent said that it would raise my rates since it was technically a collision. The other guy I guess didnt think it was his fault for running me off the road so he never stopped and being on the interstate, he got way ahead of me. Appearance stuff is a good year or two ahead of me so I can wait since it isn't THAT bad of a dent.

Everyone sounds like they are about 20 minutes from my one aunt's place in Lisle, she is just a few blocks I think from Yackley, the other aunt lives off Diehl. Anyway, my girlfriend wouldn't mind going up for a weekend and hitting up the city maybe for shopping and since she has never been in the city, I suppose I would take her Navy Pier for touristy stuff like that. When I find out when I am coming up I will let you know. I want to get my TOGs on first though.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info