TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2007
Ottawa
Originally posted by Xtant12+May 31 2006, 12:36 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-BumpinGTP
@May 29 2006, 06:36 PM
11-12 sounds about right for your mods.
[snapback]127848[/snapback]​

NO WAY.. I havent gotten on it in a while but I swear Mine peaked @ 11... But that was before the 3' down pipe
[snapback]128044[/snapback]​
[/b]
right but i have a cam, ic, and headers

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
Originally posted by phat_ridegt+May 31 2006, 04:57 PM-->
Originally posted by Xtant12@May 31 2006, 12:36 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-BumpinGTP
@May 29 2006, 06:36 PM
11-12 sounds about right for your mods.
[snapback]127848[/snapback]​

NO WAY.. I havent gotten on it in a while but I swear Mine peaked @ 11... But that was before the 3' down pipe
[snapback]128044[/snapback]​
right but i have a cam, ic, and headers
[snapback]128096[/snapback]​
[/b]

O... I dont know what the cam means.. BUT I will find out... But the IC means to me you will be higher... and with less/no knock... RIGHT????

M@

Somebody buy this thing
Nov 26, 2007
Anyone making 16 psi on a Gen3 blower has some serious explaining to do...

14lbs is about as high of boost you can coax out of a Gen3 without blowing things up. Some people have gotten up to 17 out of a Gen5 blower, but that's intercooled, on race gas, etc.

For an XP gen3 intercooled car, I'd say 12lbs is pretty average. I see almost exactly 13lbs with my 2.55, heads, cam, intercooler, etc.

MT

M@

Somebody buy this thing
Nov 26, 2007
Originally posted by SINr247@Jun 3 2006, 10:11 PM
ron vogal has 16.5 psi out of a home ported gen 3 ,he did it in front of you.
he ran a 12.6 with only rockers and DRs
explain that
[snapback]128478[/snapback]​

You sure about that?

He's running a 2.8 pulley, or was at the track that day, and even on a bone stock car, NO gen3 should make that much boost. Ron is making good power, but after 14lbs of boost out of a Gen3, you're not making any more power. The boost at that pressure is so hot, and it takes so much crank power to turn the blower at that pressure that it just doesn't pay off. Less boost and more timing/leaner mix makes alot more power.

I'd like to hear first hand from Ron that he's running that much boost, but the point is, that is NOT normal for ANY ported Gen3, nor is it average, or even CLOSE to average for that pulley/valvetrain setup. Ron's car is running good, but if it's running that much boost, I wouldn't doubt that it could be faster with less boost, more timing, and a leaner mix.

Anywho, that's enough off-topic rambling for me :p

MT

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
out breath.........

yeah we all know its kinda of pointless to run more then 14. but ron is pretty good with the pt
no offense it would be kinda hard to do what ron does with a AFC and happy knob
i guess its all in the design and how the parts mesh up. my guess is has somthing to do with the swiss cheese TB bracket.-jk

but i do get it i think switching power adders is needed with any high horsepower build up without it running a little to rough for most peoples liking

M@

Somebody buy this thing
Nov 26, 2007
Originally posted by SINr247@Jun 3 2006, 10:26 PM
out breath.........

yeah we all know its kinda of pointless to run more then 14.  but ron is pretty good with the pt
no offense it would be kinda hard to do what ron does with a AFC and happy knob
i guess its all in the design and how the parts mesh up. my guess is has somthing to do with the swiss cheese TB bracket.-jk

but i do get it i think switching power adders is needed with any high horsepower build up without it running a little to rough for most peoples liking
[snapback]128482[/snapback]​

The other reason I doubt the 16psi claim is the stock MAP sensor. It's a 2 bar unit that cannot read higher than 14.35 psi. Any OBD2 readings over 14.35 should be regarded as erroneous.

And as far as the Happy Knob/AFC comments, there is absolutely NO need to get into that again. The amount of boost made is in no way related to the way the fuel is tuned. Boost is only going to be related to the amount of air the blower moves, the heat of that air, and the ability of the engine to move that air.
To think that the AFC is hurting my car at all is sort of silly. My fueling as measured by a wideband is perfectly curved for the powerband, my LTrims are solid, and I'm running as lean as I really feel comfortable, which is leaner than most any similarly modded car.
Hell, Tim King's INTENSE sponsored car that was professionally dyno tuned, has much better heads, higher compression, and a MUCH better power adder is only running mid 11s on full slicks and a dropped exhaust. I don't see why my car with an L36 shortblock, Gen5 blower, and huge heads wouldn't run that much quicker/faster.

Anyway, again, this is unnecessarily off-topic, but I felt the need to defend my setup since it seems to be in question <_<

MT

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info