3800 ic temp gauge

M@

Somebody buy this thing
Nov 26, 2007
Originally posted by SINr247@May 18 2006, 09:43 PM
o ok i was wondering the temp of the inside air, i read that post, intresting thread
but the outside temps will always be high
im going to use co2 on my front mount and was wanting to monitor the inlet temps and the drops if any
[snapback]126608[/snapback]​

Yes, he knows. With that setup, you install the theristor on the outside of the pipe. This will show approximately the temp of the inside boost air. It's not perfect, but it's ballpark, and gives a decent idea of the temp drop across the IC core.

MT

M@

Somebody buy this thing
Nov 26, 2007
Originally posted by SINr247@Jun 7 2006, 09:06 PM
thanks, i know it will give a ballpark. i was wondering more can i use like a water temp gauge with a screw in bung to im ic pipe and just use teflon or somthing to seal it
will that work
[snapback]128996[/snapback]​

Depends on the gauge. Some of them require the temp sending unit to function as a ground electrical contact, since they'd usually be located in the intake manifold, and an A/A intercooler would not necessarily be grounded, since it's isolated from the engine by silicone couplers...
That could be pretty easily solved by installing a ground wire if necessary though. I'd say if you can find a steel NPT fitting for it that could be welded to the IC pipe (STEEL not the usual brass), and a gauge that reads high enough (I'd say at least 250* which would be hard to find in a water temp gauge) go for it!.

You MIGHT be able to use the electronic gauges ron and I are using, but I think those things peg out at around 200 (Ron's is 180, mine is supposedly good to almost 300 or more I believe) and might be hard to wire under a coupler without causing a leak....

MT

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info