3800 took me 15 hours but here it is....

phat_ridegt

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2007
Ottawa
a friend of mine just decided to part out his regal, so this weekend i swapped out his wbs stageII ic, prj fuel rails and wires, thrasher cai, and i bought his powertuner. well i started around 6pm friday night, i started by pulling the fascia and everything involved with the fmhe, drained the coolant out of the ic system, and then started with the blower. everything came apart very quickly and smoothly. i cleaned the blower and the lim of gasket material and carbon. wasnt too bad as it was just about 5k miles ago. i then had to pull the blower off brett's car, again, not a big deal, everything came off good. just taking my time, being careful of everything. got the rails off without a problem. i ran into problems with the front mount radiator. i had the ssic before, and im using the zzp stage/number 3 ic radiator. very nice looking and light, but its wider than the ssic rad. of course. i had to fab up some brackets out of some scrap metal i had, and use a lot of zippy ties :lolsign: i get the ic core seated, let it sit for about 15 mins while i cleaned the blower up, then set it down. once everything was tight and torqued, i started with the fuel rails. i got it all connected, and decided id better check for leaks before i got any further. sure enough, it was puring out the rear rail. so i get everything off, and looked, and not only was an o-ring for one of the injectors not seated in right, it was leaking out the port that the #5 injector plugs into. after sealing it up, and tightening it up, i decided to test it before i get the rails bolts down. LOL so i just set the rail on top, connected all the lines to the fpr and the rear rail, and turned the key. LMAO fuel everywhere. popped an injector right out of the rail. this was on saturday afternoon. i didnt get much sleep friday night after working till 3am, got up 7ish saturday (for other reasons). lol i dont know what i was thiking i should have known they would need to be bolted down. well after spending about 3 more hours gettin the motor put together, and getting the plumbing for the ic done, its done. i worked from 6pm-3am friday and out 3 till 10 saturday. i dont know why it took so long...the ssic install only took about 6 hours from start to finish. here's some pics i took. edit it wouldnt let me post all the pics, so heres the link to my photo bucket. http://s53.photobucket.com/albums/g56/phat_ridegt/? heres the final product

128_0423.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• P
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list