3800 Poor Acceleration

GTPquickRB

Addict
Sep 11, 2008
I'm concerned about my car. It's always lacked a certain pick up and go below 2800-3000 rpm. I've noticed that in a lot of other car's i've driven, from a 04 GTP, to Nissans Vans, to Chevy Trucks etc, my car's powerband is a very strange one. If i stay below a certain TP % and my rpm's are lower, my car doesnt want to move at all. Get it above 3K and that car picks up perfectly.

I read somewhere that i might want to clean a boost valve with carb cleaner? Will that help? My car just really sucks at from 2500 to 3000 rpm. The car moves as quickly as if I'm at ~2000 rpm. Shouldn't there be a difference?

It's hard to explain, without driving the car. I really need to get on the throttle to get the car to move, otherwise it just moeseys along, honestly cars will fly by me from a stop light. I don't think my car should feel so lazy. I want it to pack more punch before 3K, because running above 3K to keep up with traffic, speeding up isn't very gas efficient. Can I do anything to provide better acceleration with a lower rpm and lower TP%, or do i continue just driving the way i do.

I was going to mess around with my powertuner, to see what i could do, but figured i'd get some opinions first. Thanks

-Bryce

GTPquickRB

Addict
Sep 11, 2008
Originally posted by SINr247@May 6 2006, 02:43 PM
do a scan with the PT and post them if you have RPMs bouncing around or Low TPs voltage or somthing stupid we can figure it out from there. keep us posted
[snapback]124733[/snapback]​

i'm thinking about tinkering with my tps, but leaving things well alone for now. I don't think theres any problem with the above, as previous scans have never shown anything weird, and it's nothing new, its just to the point where its annoying. I hear the engine revving harder, and i see the rpm's raising - but theres no more power, up until I hit that 3K point. Where is our stock converter at, and when does it kick in? I messed with my torque management, and raised all the values to get rid of any possible KR induced by it, but maybe I messed something else up. Maybe that's something to look at? I dunno - could it be related in anyway to my transmission? Mine's felt like its been on it's last leg for about a year now, but it's surprisingly holding on.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info