3800 Took the Lightning to the track this past weekend.

• Thread starter imported_Theautoguy
  • Start date
I

imported_Theautoguy

Keep in mind that this isn't a Billy Bad-Ass 2nd Gen truck, it's just a 4800 lb brick with a Kenne Bell with low boost...restricted to 19 lb injectors for now. I did a best run of 13.92 and a best 60' time of 1.93 on all-season tires. I'm still honing in on launching and running it through the gears; I'm posative it'll do 13.8 once I get more used to it.

Best of all, you can not hear the charger, even under full load! I think that I have another sleeper on my hands. I'm thinking of bringing it to an RSD and mess with a few unsuspecting cars.

I

imported_Theautoguy

A stock 1st Gen Lightning can put down low 15 second passes as mine did last year. I'm aiming for a 12 second daily driver but that will take more exhaust work, different heads and cam and tuning software to tie it all together. It will happen but not until some time next year.

Here's a picture of me heating up the tires. I don't really have to but I want to kill the tires on there and I was showboating for the camera.

Lightning_Burnout_1.jpg

I was told the guy snapped the picture too soon, a second or so later the entire rear of the truck was engulfed in tire smoke! B)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• I
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list