3800 need help

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
Originally posted by tonys99gtp@Apr 19 2006, 05:37 PM
I have a ticking noise from fuel rail. It just started on Saturday and is pretty loud. I checked with the old screw driver to the ear trick, and the noise is from the fuel rail. The car drives the same, I just want to make sure nothing wrong. Thanks Tony
[snapback]122495[/snapback]​
well dont know if it helps but there was " muffler" style device IIRC on 2000 and newer GTPs fuel rails.. maybe the noise is why they changed....how long has the ticking been happening or are you just noticing it.

just taking a shot in the dark

alexgtp

TCG Elite Member
Aug 3, 2007
Originally posted by tonys99gtp@Apr 19 2006, 05:37 PM
I have a ticking noise from fuel rail. It just started on Saturday and is pretty loud. I checked with the old screw driver to the ear trick, and the noise is from the fuel rail. The car drives the same, I just want to make sure nothing wrong. Thanks Tony

You arue its just not a loud fuel infector?
Check each injector for clogging. this might lead to an injector having to work harder thus increasing the ticking noise it normally makes.

tonys99gtp

Regular
May 19, 2008
Carpentersville
Real Name
Tony
Originally posted by alexgtp+Apr 19 2006, 06:43 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-tonys99gtp
@Apr 19 2006, 05:37 PM

Check each injector for clogging. this might lead to an injector having to work harder thus increasing the ticking noise it normally makes.
[snapback]122497[/snapback]​
[/b]

I am going to have to check them. I have 1.9s on the noise with them is the same as when I installed. Well the only good thing if the injectors are bad then I can buy some 42.5s. I will double check them tonight and check back. Thanks guys.

tonys99gtp

Regular
May 19, 2008
Carpentersville
Real Name
Tony
Originally posted by tonys99gtp+Apr 19 2006, 06:46 PM-->
Originally posted by alexgtp@Apr 19 2006, 06:43 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-tonys99gtp
@Apr 19 2006, 05:37 PM

[snapback]122497[/snapback]​

I am going to have to check them. I have 1.9s on the noise with them is the same as when I installed. Well the only good thing if the injectors are bad then I can buy some 42.5s. I will double check them tonight and check back. Thanks guys.
[snapback]122499[/snapback]​
[/b]

I checked injectors sound and look fine. I have searched here and clubgp. The search has came up with sunken injectors, loose rockers. Is there anyone here who has had any of these problems, and can listen for me before I tear my valve covers off and check. Thanks Tony

M@

Somebody buy this thing
Nov 26, 2007
As long as there are no misfires at all, especially idle and WOT, then both the dying injector AND loose rocker proposals are highly unlikely.

As long as the car is running ok, and scans ok, I wouldn't worry about it. These engines are notoriously noisy, between the rockers, injectors, lifters, etc...

Unless it doesn't feel like it's running right, I wouldn't sweat it ;)

MT

tonys99gtp

Regular
May 19, 2008
Carpentersville
Real Name
Tony
Originally posted by alexgtp@Apr 20 2006, 02:32 PM
Loose rockers would sound like loud tapping.
Lie take a wrench and tap it on the valve covers and would also cause misfires at idle.

Im sure its just loud injectors.
[snapback]122631[/snapback]​

Thanks guys, I started it up at break, and the ticking is on the fuel rail. Car runs good no change, no ses lights. I am putting an ic on in june i will change injectors out then. Thanks Tony

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info