3800 Alternator ?s

LeeGTP

Addict
Nov 10, 2008
My Question is can an alternator just quit on you at anytime and stall the car?
I was at a light in Bolingbrook on 53 right next to Cheddars going South, line up with a Black 04-05 GP with 20s left em pretty good threw the Strobes on for a second:)) Got to the next light before you go under I55 and the car just stopped interiors Lights got dim battery indicator and other lights dim and the Hazards light barely stayed on. I have high miles on the car about 160,000 with the original alternator, The battery is less than two years old.

Need help let me know....
Thanks Lee

I

itlnrob

Originally posted by LeeGTP@Apr 8 2006, 03:31 PM
My Question is can an alternator just quit on you at anytime and stall the car?
I was at a light in Bolingbrook on 53 right next to Cheddars going South, line up with a Black 04-05 GP with 20s left em pretty good threw the Strobes on for a second:))  Got to the next light before you go under I55 and the car just stopped  interiors Lights got dim battery indicator and other lights dim and the Hazards light barely stayed on. I have high miles on the car about 160,000 with the original alternator, The battery is less than two years old. 

Need help let me know....
Thanks Lee
[snapback]121189[/snapback]​

Could be the alternator or a bad connection with the wiring i'm thinkin.

dole21

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
South Carolina
I had my alternator go dead on a cavalier I had agesa go while driving...car did the same thing..just idled down and shut off. Wouldnt refire or anything. We swapped the battery too, thinking it was that, and found it to be an alternator afterwards. Check the ground to alternator wire too and make sure its tight, as well as other battery terminals.

Good luck Lee

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• L
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list