3800 race axles

CoolGTX

let sleeping dogs lie
Nov 17, 2008
Hotel 4 Dogs
Real Name
J/O
I wanted to test these before giving out any info, so the testing is done and here are the results. [email protected], 1.767/60', with slicks and good smokey burnouts.
2 weeks prior, I was pulling 1.9/2.0 60's on stock rsa's, running 12.7's/8's at 113+, both track visits were full stock weight, with GTO spring blockers ONLY!

so far no leaks or blown boots. I was Promised NO blown boots. :D I run gmpp springs, so my car is 1 inch lower.

theyve been installed 6 weeks.

info
P.D.L.
precision drive line
30 E. 33rd place
Steger, IL. 60475
815-933-3274
708-755-3278
219-756-7225

where quality doesnt cost - it pays
expert driveshaft manufacturers and rebuilders.
25 years in business

I met these guys at a car show last august. they were promoting ricer axles and I told him what I was doing with ours and what I needed. I brought them a set of stock axles and told them I want all brand new stuff, and reminded them that these are going to be raced and needed to be as beefed up as possible. so far so good. I drove out there twice, but im sure mail or delivery can be arranged.

all you have to do is call them and explain what you need and they will take care of you.

this info is for all, even vendors, help yourselfs if interested.

have a good day

MIKES3

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Algonquin, Illinois
Originally posted by CoolGTX@Mar 29 2006, 06:11 PM
I wanted to test these before giving out any info, so the testing is done and here are the results. [email protected], 1.767/60', with slicks and good smokey burnouts.
2 weeks prior, I was pulling 1.9/2.0 60's on stock rsa's, running 12.7's/8's at 113+, both track visits were full stock weight, with GTO spring blockers ONLY!

so far no leaks or blown boots. I was Promised NO blown boots. :D I run gmpp springs, so my car is 1 inch lower.

theyve been installed 6 weeks.

info
P.D.L.
precision drive line
30 E. 33rd place
Steger, IL. 60475
815-933-3274
708-755-3278
219-756-7225

where quality doesnt cost - it pays
expert driveshaft manufacturers and rebuilders.
25 years in business

I met these guys at a car show last august. they were promoting ricer axles and I told him what I was doing with ours and what I needed. I brought them a set of stock axles and told them I want all brand new stuff, and reminded them that these are going to be raced and needed to be as beefed up as possible. so far so good. I drove out there twice, but im sure mail or delivery can be arranged.

all you have to do is call them and explain what you need and they will take care of you.

this info is for all, even vendors, help yourselfs if interested.

have a good day
[snapback]119989[/snapback]​

Sounds interesting. What did you pay?

M@

Somebody buy this thing
Nov 26, 2007
What is "built" in them Johnny?

Are the CV joints themselves, or the housings around the joints, beefed up at all?

The ones I've seen crack always do so around the housing that retains the grease boot, and covers the universal joint (just past the input splines) if that makes sense.

More info on these would be MUCH appreciated...These are one of 2 weak links left in my driveline, and once I get some traction, I'm gonna need halfshafts that can take a pounding :)

MT

CoolGTX

let sleeping dogs lie
Nov 17, 2008
Hotel 4 Dogs
Real Name
J/O
I was told just a stock rebuild, with better boots and clamps to keep them from blowing off. When I bring back my other set, i'll look into getting those beefed up/if possible. you have to be careful with the pass side one, as its real close to the oil filter system. they also dont have any to rebuild before hand, so one has to be brought in for rebuild.

i'm running 12 inch brakes, 16x7 rims with 245/50/16's, and have yet to break one. 'bout 5K on them,"2" track sessions, and some WOT tuning. FYI

one track session was with street tires 1.9/2.0's, the other was with hoosier QTP pulling 1.76(best)/1.8's

HTHs

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info