3800 Question about a legal matter

AFGuy0127

Apr 19, 2008
I had my transmission rebuilt back in October by a shop in Carbondale. Since then, I've taken the car back 3 times for the same problem, and it's about to go back again for the same thing. They just keep throwing parts at it hoping it'll fix it, but it hasn't. The problem I'm having is a 4th gear slip while in 4th, and just barely pressing on the gas to just start accelrating. This usually happens above about 40-50 mph. Does anyone know anything about a law where if a shop hasn't fixed the problem after so many times, you can get your money back and take it somewhere else? I know some states work that way, but I don't know about Illinois. Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I'm sick of this problem and these guys just not really going after it. Sorry about the short novel.

AFGuy0127

Apr 19, 2008
Originally posted by phat_ridegt@Mar 29 2006, 09:49 PM
i dont think there is anything legally you can do about getting you money back, however i have heard of people pursuing legal actions and the shop *which i wont say the name and no it wasnt mine* actually paid to have another shop fix the car.  it was an electircal problem but still
[snapback]119995[/snapback]​

Hmm... well hopefully I can get something figured out soon. I'm tired of this whole deal. I do have a friend that's a lawyer, but I'm not completely sure what he specializes in. I'll have to try and give him a call later. Thanks for the help so far, I'll keep you all informed.

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
Originally posted by AFGuy0127@Mar 29 2006, 02:18 PM
I had my transmission rebuilt back in October by a shop in Carbondale. Since then, I've taken the car back 3 times for the same problem, and it's about to go back again for the same thing. They just keep throwing parts at it hoping it'll fix it, but it hasn't. The problem I'm having is a 4th gear slip while in 4th, and just barely pressing on the gas to just start accelrating. This usually happens above about 40-50 mph. Does anyone know anything about a law where if a shop hasn't fixed the problem after so many times, you can get your money back and take it somewhere else? I know some states work that way, but I don't know about Illinois. Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I'm sick of this problem and these guys just not really going after it. Sorry about the short novel.
[snapback]119980[/snapback]​

See, " Intense Racing Transmission and LSDs"

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info