3800 WTF 9 Degrees KR

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
wow...ok well how much fuel did add, AFC's pull timing a bit. its a fact use when and do a full scann the more fuel you add the more timing goes down. its a bi-product not a feature..which is why zzp denies it. ..i added fuel and then had to add timing to get back to the norm when i was using the timing commander.

and what pulley are you runinng. try going to the next bigger size.
it could be part throttle knock, i get plips of it, and even ron was saying if he nails it he has no knock and somtimes if you lay into the throtle like a sissy he would see 6-8 deg. of KR bleep up for a sec somtimes
my suggestion get a pwertuner or get it tuned by some one and if changes are needed later on then use the AFC for the little extra fuel you need. the AFC is to a point a rough tuner, it works, just doesnt always solve fueling issues.
which is why the power tuner has like 3-4 settings per maf freq. the afc has 1
hope that helps

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
Originally posted by Blownbyyou@Mar 18 2006, 01:02 PM
My mods are
Thrahser intake
3 inch james dean dp with u bend
pcm I believe to be dhp.
104's
180 tstat.

I just tried to get a good scan with my new computer, but I cant get the farker to work. :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:
[snapback]118750[/snapback]​
also try adding a 160 stat, wrapping your DP and crossover, and maybe some PEMS. seems odd to have that much knock. what was you engine temp, if it was over 195 that will happen, my temps are always 170-180.

dole21

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
South Carolina
Ok..hold up..

First, is it 9 degrees or 6.7 like you posted? Whats speeds did the knock come in, RPM's?? Was it throughout the whole powerband?

Secondly, regardless, a coolant flush and 180 stat wont cure 6.7 degrees of knock.

What was your knock before the AFC? is this the first time you've used it and scanned? If so..take it off and scan again and see what your getting. What are your 104's gapped at?

Was your peformanec shift on, so the DHP-(if that what is is)...is "on" per say... Are you running 93 octane?

I dont have my TOGS, downpipe, nor the crossover wrapped, I run a 180 stat...and dont have 6 degrees of knock..

Very few people here have taken the time to wrap those parts..and they dont have 6.7 degrees of knock with the same mods...wrappings not the solution

You've got something else going on..

Start with the basics...and take off the afc and scan would be the first thing I did.....

Blownbyyou

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 27, 2008
Originally posted by preussenGTP@Mar 18 2006, 11:30 PM
from what i remember he was running 13.9's with this set-up last summer. .sounds like you're reading the figures incorrectly
[snapback]118844[/snapback]​

Last time a scanned.... about a year ago I had 2 degrees of knock.
And that was before the AFC.

I bought a new computer last night so I am going to get some scans done on it and hopefully post them up soon.

Was your peformanec shift on, so the DHP-(if that what is is)...is "on" per say... Are you running 93 octane?
No!

First, is it 9 degrees or 6.7 like you posted? Whats speeds did the knock come in, RPM's?? Was it throughout the whole powerband?
What I wrote was just a blurp of the scan, I was getting up to 9 degrees on part throttle :ph34r: .

I barely ever got on it before and I wont get on it until I have it all cleared up again.

I am going to work on it a little bit more today when I am not so frusterated. ;)

Blownbyyou

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 27, 2008
Originally posted by my97gtp@Mar 19 2006, 04:37 PM
I saw a max of 14 in their.  From the little i know aobut tuning your 02 levels look like u are running rather lean.  Have someone who knows more about tuning look at it.  From what i remember 920 and under is lean and u are like 900 and under which is way lean.
[snapback]118900[/snapback]​

Alright, I will try and have somebody tune my car. This damn thing pisses the shit out of me some times. :lolsign:

S

sr71_rgl

Alright, I will try and have somebody tune my car. This damn thing pisses the shit out of me some times. :lolsign:
[snapback]118938[/snapback]​

Sorry bud, no amount of tuning is gonna cure 14* of KR. If in fact that James Dean DP is only 2.25" THAT's your problem. You'd cut 1/2 of that KR out by going to a real DP of 3" diameter. You might be able to tune the rest of the KR down to 0* after that. Oh, and you better make it quick because the weather's turning warmer which will only make the KR worse.

Blownbyyou

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 27, 2008
I am thinking about just putting the 3.8 back on until I can actually care about speed.

Just out of curiosity could this be false KR? I would think I had the supporting mods for it. I know every car is different, but fourteen is a little high don't you think. :ph34r:

my97gtp

Addict
Oct 5, 2008
Columbus Indiana
Real Name
Jay
Originally posted by Blownbyyou@Mar 20 2006, 12:00 PM
I am thinking about just putting the 3.8  back on until I can actually care about speed.

Just out of curiosity could this be false KR? I would think I had the supporting mods for it. I know every car is different, but fourteen is a little high don't you think. :ph34r:
[snapback]118951[/snapback]​

Id go with the safe route for now and put the 3.8 back on. I doubt its false kr cuz it looks like u are running lean. I got ride of a little kr by adding some motor mounts. I think i was hitting the dp causing some false kr. With my stock pulley before i was getting as much as 8kr. I went out the other day with my new snm motor mounts and from several stops and rolls i saw a best of 3.6 or so up to about 115. If u wanna check if its false some polymounts or aluminum mounts might help. your car will ride ruffer afterwards but im happy with mine cuz i appear to have a little less kr. In my mind id rather run a little rougher and know some of my kr is false than have alot and be pissed that most is real. Id say put the 3.8 back on and scan. Then invest in a true 3inch dp.

Originally posted by Blownbyyou+Mar 20 2006, 08:57 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-preussenGTP
@Mar 20 2006, 05:40 PM
how do your spark plugs look? . . maybe get rid of your cat and install a simulator
[snapback]118982[/snapback]​

I will probably change them this week sometime.

I might bower your puller if it is alright with you, the 3.8 might go back on
[snapback]118997[/snapback]​
[/b]

you're more than welcome to the pulley tool dude. . i just got some new studs for it. i have a 3.4 pulley i wanna install, so lets do this asap

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info